No announcement yet.

I love Nile, but........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take that silly guitar in a heartbeat!!!

Yeah, Inflamed666 mentioned bands that kill live..Evergrey, Saxon, Nevermore, Symphony X , Yngwie ..the list endless of bands that kick ass live..like the record

Nile is not one of them..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
      I've seen some stupid looking guitars but that one takes the prize.

how the fuck did musicians playing music get so incredibly warped to the extent that these black metal dicks now have to make every guitar look like some kind of moronic weapon?

whatta fuckin joke :ROTF:
      Nile is not black metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
        Nile is not black metal.
        sorry, my mistake, I guess they are blood-dripping-knife-headstock metal then? :ROTF:
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by InFlamed666
          Imo Nile are like Bal Sagoth, they dont really 'work' live..
          I gotta agree, I love Nile on albums, but live their particular sound just turns to mud and doesn't work _at all_

Comment

The first time I saw Nile live, they were amazing. They were opening for Morbid Angel, playing in a club that rarely has live music. I bought "Catacombs" immediately after. Every time I've seen them since has failed to match that first show. Impressive to watch, but not the most audibly coherent live act.
            sigpic

Comment

somone showed me the video of Nile's drummer, jesus, one of the sloppiest dudes I've ever seen, first of all he misses half of the hits and then struggles like Rikki Rocket to keep the tempo.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                somone showed me the video of Nile's drummer, jesus, one of the sloppiest dudes I've ever seen, first of all he misses half of the hits and then struggles like Rikki Rocket to keep the tempo.
                Whhhhhaaaaattttt?

You've gotta be kidding me. George Kollias is one of the most amazing drummers I've ever seen. When I saw him live, I was in complete disbelief that anyone could be drumming that fast.
                Just check out some of his videos on youtube:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'm not saying Kollias is the greatest, or most interesting drummer. But he's by far the fastest drummer I've ever seen play live.

-a

Comment

To answer the question, Nile is considered death metal.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
                    Whhhhhaaaaattttt?

You've gotta be kidding me. George Kollias is one of the most amazing drummers I've ever seen. When I saw him live, I was in complete disbelief that anyone could be drumming that fast.
                    Just check out some of his videos on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3lw6XTLNjNk
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7xnEkvwm7gs
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Ut33RtU6Ik
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZVjvE3kz6u0
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=IRQKMkOuDG4

I'm not saying Kollias is the greatest, or most interesting drummer. But he's by far the fastest drummer I've ever seen play live.

-a
                    :ROTF:
                    the most ridiculous and stupidest shit ever.
                    He repeats the same fills over and over again, and every time he does it he has exactly the same fucking kick pattern under it.
                    And if you are doing fills and rolls, make sure you play them clean, this dude is sloppy as fuck. Also he has absolutely no meter, no groove, no dynamics. The only thing he has is speed.
                    Some of the pro drummers I know laughed at this guy.

Dude you haven't seen much, there are tons of faster and better trummers out there. This guy is a joke.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

So, umn ... post it up then. I'd love to expand my knowlege of what faster/better drummers there are out there. Don't keep it a secret

-a

Comment

Derek Roddy, for one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCVZUfc7LJs&

Comment

All I know is that Nile may have one of the most entertaining bassists in metal. That new kid (isn't he 19 or something?) has more energy and stage presence than some entire bands. I thought his head was going to come loose and fall off.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                            Derek Roddy is fucking insane. He left Hate Eternal though. Don't know what he's doing now.
                            EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

He was in Blotted Science up until last week. Ron Jarzombek says Derek will be taking time off to do a drum clinic tour and write a book.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=56574

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                                +1
                                in those vids it's not even close. he makes that Kollias dude sound haphazard.
                                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                                X