I love Nile, but........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Nile, but........

does anyone else find this guitar a bit ridiculous? Anyone ever played a KXK (or used it to kill something)?
    http://www.kxkguitars.com/warriorv.html
    EAOS: 28JUN09

I think Noodles has one but could be wrong.

Comment

I would never get that to play.
      To hunt Mammoth, Tiger or Ted Nugent sure, but not to play.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

mabey for a holloween show or something but I highly doubt it.....

1 word------------------------> HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!!
        “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

I understand the vibe of death but who wants someone elses band name in big letters on your guitar while playing with your own band? Just my 2 cents.
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

That just looks stupid

Comment

He got a new one from them recently:

11 string fretless and scalloped 6 string (with midi, evidently)

Comment

I loved Nile until John and I saw them live..not what I expected..

I bought all their cds before I saw them live..they didn't have a "off" night because the house sound was great and they seemed to be having a great time, I was standing right in front of whatever the guitarist name is..but it just didn't grab me like the albums..not at all.

If I was introduced to Nile from their live show I'd never would have bought a single cd..seriously!

In fact I haven't put on a Nile cd since that show..

actually the guitar looks pretty cool..kinda fits my personality I guess..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wow!!! Dean's evil anti-thesis.
                  This axe is considered a weapon in 37 states and a bad taste axe in 49 states.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                    I loved Nile until John and I saw them live..not what I expected..

I bought all their cds before I saw them live..they didn't have a "off" night because the house sound was great and they seemed to be having a great time, I was standing right in front of whatever the guitarist name is..but it just didn't grab me like the albums..not at all.

If I was introduced to Nile from their live show I'd never would have bought a single cd..seriously!

In fact I haven't put on a Nile cd since that show..

actually the guitar looks pretty cool..kinda fits my personality I guess..
                    similar experience for me. saw them in 98 with morbid angel at a VERY small venue in CT. wwwwaaaayyy too fucking loud. at one point i thought i was falling over that sound was hitting my ears so hard. and just sounded like slop. pretty funny to see karl sanders with his desktop computer rig right next to him also.
                    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Imo Nile are like Bal Sagoth, they dont really 'work' live..its not that they play bad or seem like they have never rehearsed (eg DragonFarce every time i've seen them..grrrr) its just the music gets lost on the live stage.

Hard to explain... saw Nile at Wacken and they were 'hmm'. Listened to their recent album on cd on the way there and it was 'WOW cant wait to see this live'.

Theres probably a few more bands i get this with... Dragonforce, Rhapsody...Sonata Arctica.. Trivium!

Just the same as those bands you see live who kick your ass, so you buy a CD album and its 'hmmm' like Ynqwie, Evergrey, Accept, Motorhead, Saxon etc

Comment

Originally posted by yabba
                        He got a new one from them recently:

11 string fretless and scalloped 6 string (with midi, evidently)
                        I really like that! One of the best looking double necks I've ever seen.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I like it!

I got to play a KXK at NAMM, seemed like a quality instrument.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've seen some stupid looking guitars but that one takes the prize.

how the fuck did musicians playing music get so incredibly warped to the extent that these black metal dicks now have to make every guitar look like some kind of moronic weapon?

whatta fuckin joke :ROTF:
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

that's just funny..I would love to spear Ted Nugent through his eye with it though

reminds me..I saw a Karl Sanders solo album at the store today, it had a huge sticker all over the cover that said "FILE UNDER NILE"

Comment

Working...
                              X