No announcement yet.

I love Nile, but........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's Noodles' 7-string, has a reverse headstock, too.
    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50213
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
      Ooh I like that too..I need that Nile headstock tho.

I wanted to be able to impale people with my geetar..SWEET GOODNESS YES!!!

Drill a glory hole in that thing and make it the Bill Z Bub model...oh yeah, put blood around the gory hole too!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
        Oh dear god, that explains a whole lot, I thought u meant that idiot from..uh... the Offspring i think it was? Phew. Killer guitar there. Can't stand the Nile dude's knitting needle V though.

Comment

Well I saw slayer in Toronto and I believe OLD dave would have a hell of a time keeping up in Morbid Angel, he couldn't play half the set at the right tempos and was making MANY, I mean MANY mistakes, right along with Jeff and Kerry though....Dave couldn't keep up with Pete on Pete's WORST coke fuled day.

Endrik, while I agree that alot of those drummers are absolutly amazing and can out drum any of these guys in JAZZ or rock, why the fuck are you lumping them with death metal drummers? I think your seriously missing the point, DEATH METAL IS NOT supposed to be musical, that's why there is medlodic death metal, and melodic sweeeedish death metal, and metalmelodocore and melodic gore grind speed core and so on

I think the persuit of death metal goals is to be as extreme and atonal as possible, which I think many of these drummers acheive. And most importantly to be somewhat of a metronome for the rest of the band,

I've seen and participated in many clinics for drummers, Kenny Arnoff, Terry Bozzio, Dave Weckl, Mike Mangini and Flo Mounier and I have to say while Terry's kit and playing blew me away, Flo was the most interesting, and was the msot appealing to me. The other guys were amazing but didn't share the same excitment about music Flo does. and his name is Flo.

Best name EVER

Anyhow, Death metal without blast beats and double bass drums and cookie monster is like sesamea street without cookie monster and evil ernie and bert!

Chris

Comment

human blast beat metronomes are most crucial to me..

keeping up with me at break neck speed with a even kick meter is next to impossible..well for all the drummers around here anywhoo..for they are all extremely gay!

Is Ernie and Bert Gay??

I think yes!!!

I'm baked!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect
              Well I saw slayer in Toronto and I believe OLD dave would have a hell of a time keeping up in Morbid Angel, he couldn't play half the set at the right tempos and was making MANY, I mean MANY mistakes, right along with Jeff and Kerry though....Dave couldn't keep up with Pete on Pete's WORST coke fuled day.

Endrik, while I agree that alot of those drummers are absolutly amazing and can out drum any of these guys in JAZZ or rock, why the fuck are you lumping them with death metal drummers? I think your seriously missing the point, DEATH METAL IS NOT supposed to be musical, that's why there is medlodic death metal, and melodic sweeeedish death metal, and metalmelodocore and melodic gore grind speed core and so on

I think the persuit of death metal goals is to be as extreme and atonal as possible, which I think many of these drummers acheive. And most importantly to be somewhat of a metronome for the rest of the band,

I've seen and participated in many clinics for drummers, Kenny Arnoff, Terry Bozzio, Dave Weckl, Mike Mangini and Flo Mounier and I have to say while Terry's kit and playing blew me away, Flo was the most interesting, and was the msot appealing to me. The other guys were amazing but didn't share the same excitment about music Flo does. and his name is Flo.

Best name EVER

Anyhow, Death metal without blast beats and double bass drums and cookie monster is like sesamea street without cookie monster and evil ernie and bert!

Chris
              Are you on drugs???
              Dave Weckl played with Slayer? I've never heard of that. Dave Lombardo is the one you are talking about, Weckl is the most perfect player in the world.
              HoWheels, wanted me to write down drummers who are better than Kollias, so I did.
              Did I say you can't play blast beats in death metal, no I did not. I said blasts are made of the most basic patterns, so they aren't as hard as people think.
              Do you even know that blastbeat existed in the 50's, and jazz players invented that. Do you know that jazz players can play that and all the hyper blast double kicks too. The old fart jazz drummer in James Brown band did that last month when I saw them.

Do you realise the reason I posted all that shit is because I made examples of good not sloppy drumming. Slop is slop no matter what style of music you play. I hate sloppy drummers. If the foundation of the band is sloppy then how the rest of the band will sound?

btw. a couple of friends of mine (non drummers) said that Flo was sloppy when they saw him with Cryptopsy or whatever this band was, I also saw one of his clinic videos, not very precise drummer.
              Last edited by Endrik; 08-28-2006, 04:20 AM.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Did I say Dave Weckl plaed with slayer? the dave I was referring too was Dave lombardo, in responce to what you said about him being able to be in Morbid angel.
                Did I ever say the blast beat was invented by Death metal drummers?? no I didn't, I'm sure a Jazz player can play a hypersupermegablastgravityblastgrindstroke, but who the fuck cares, can they do that for 5 minutes straight? I have a hard time believing James browns drummer could play those things for longer than short bursts, but I think the thing that is more important is WHO CARES! You sound like all the university jazz music program guys around here, they think that only thier opinion matters! Yes I acknowledge the beginnings and the ability of jazz guys but WHO CARES

well keep diggin who your digging, but I've seen Flo and he was NOT sloppy.

Please name for me Drummers in death metal that are not sloppy to you? I've seen all of them, so fill me in.

The drummer in behemoth was very sloppy when I saw them with morbid angel, and I though he was good, changed my opinion of him. Pete was awesome though! and of the 10 times I've seen Hate Eternal, Derek was flawless maybe 3 of those times, people have off nights, especially when they are on tour and in a buss and don't like the band they are in.....

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect
                  Did I say Dave Weckl plaed with slayer? the dave I was referring too was Dave lombardo, in responce to what you said about him being able to be in Morbid angel.
                  I didn't mentioned Lombardo anywhere, I was responding to Bill's post about Weckl playing in Morbid Angel

Did I ever say the blast beat was invented by Death metal drummers?? no I didn't, I'm sure a Jazz player can play a hypersupermegablastgravityblastgrindstroke, but who the fuck cares, can they do that for 5 minutes straight?
                  yest they can,
                  in fact Thomas Lang's instructional DVD is one of the milestones how to develop a good endurance for insane speed double kick playing.
                  Mangini did 2 world records for kick drum playing, the most hits in 5 minutes and 15 minutes.

I have a hard time believing James browns drummer could play those things for longer than short bursts, but I think the thing that is more important is WHO CARES!
                  you obviously, because you made a big deal about it.

You sound like all the university jazz music program guys around here, they think that only thier opinion matters! Yes I acknowledge the beginnings and the ability of jazz guys but WHO CARES
                  thanks I guess, I've never studied music nor do I know shit about theory like the jazz guys. My opionion matters to me.
                  Who cares? The world's greatest musicians do.

well keep diggin who your digging, but I've seen Flo and he was NOT sloppy.
                  I've seen a video of him where he lacks precision, a lot.

Please name for me Drummers in death metal that are not sloppy to you? I've seen all of them, so fill me in.
                  Derek, Gene Hoglan, the dude from Cynic, I have to think a little bit because I'm not into death metal so I don't remember all the names. These 3 I mentioned, my opinion is based what I've seen/heard so far, but maybe they are sloppy too, ahhahaa

off nights or on nights, if you can't play your shit perfectly then don't because it fucks the whole band up. The two most improtant things for drummer are:
                  1)keep the time/rhythm/tempo/meter
                  2)support other musicians
                  Last edited by Endrik; 08-28-2006, 10:39 AM.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

John Longstreth! guy's a fucking machine. (I mean that in a good way!)

Comment

Working...
                    X