Help I.D. A Kramer USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I.D. A Kramer USA

There's a nice looking Kramer USA made (super strat shape) in a localish music shop for silly money. It's got a bolt on neck, an OFR 1xhb 2xsc pups all with micro switches, the hb is angled, no pickguard. There's a few chips to the body but the big downer is it's a left hander (strung for right handed play though). All for £120. Anyone know what it is and what it's worth?

Just seen a pic of a Pacer custom 1 and it looks the same. Are they any good?

Thanks
    Last edited by Speiro; 08-26-2006, 10:57 AM.
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Here ya go http://www.vintagekramer.com/pacer.htm This site makes J/C sites look silly. Watch out for Neptune NJ plates. It's a lot like the Ft. Worth, Texas plates. They are not bad guitars, per se, but a real USA Kramer is worth a lot more. And some Nep plates can be US.
    Last edited by fett; 08-26-2006, 04:11 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

It should say "American" after the Kramer logo on the peghead.

If it doesn't then it's a Focus 3000 (Japanese) and that's still a pretty good price.IMO

Comment

Originally posted by shredhed
        It should say "American" after the Kramer logo on the peghead.

If it doesn't then it's a Focus 3000 (Japanese) and that's still a pretty good price.IMO
        Yes it does say American. So it's probably worth the price then. I've looked at vintage kramer and it looks like they had SD pups in them too.
        Last edited by Speiro; 08-27-2006, 05:16 AM.
        www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Yup, the most tell-tale sign that the neck is American is the "American" script after the logo. The main way to ID the body as a Pacer would be the body having a barrel input jack as opposed to a plate input jack. The serial number on the guitar you described should beging with "E" or "F."
          The pickups should be Seymour Duncans (not designed by) and the bridge should be an OFR.

George

Comment

IIRC the "american" series were made in Japan by ESP and only assembled and set up here in the U.S.. The pups are the only thing american on those. Still great guitars tho I had a flip flop (interferance like) Pink Pacer custom with a dinky style body and and the guitar was killer. Duncan JB and 2 Vintage staggered singles with an OFR. It was my favorite till i traded it in on my Stealth Pro and never looked back. For that price its an awesome guitar grab it if ya can.
            Gil

Comment

btw does anybody know the nut width on a Pacer off hand? i cant remember. i was thinking 1 11/16 but i might be wrong.
              Gil

Comment

If it's a pointyhead kramer, 8 times out of 10 it will be R2. (1 5/8)
                It's pretty uncommon in the pointy area, but some R3s are out there too. (1 11/16) Also some special models like the Nightswan have the narrow R1 nut.

In the beak and the banana headstock period, you also had quite a few R5 necks. (1 3/4)

George
                kramerforum.com

Comment

If it doesn't say "American" it is a focus 6000 With the mini toggles not 3000.

Comment

Working...
                  X