B.C. Rich makeover.. Help:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.C. Rich makeover.. Help:)

I thought I'd sold my B.C. Rich Eagle recently, butthe guy seems to have changed his mind cause he hasn't picked it up at the post-office yet..
    So it's coming back home.. Apparently I'm the only one who cares about it enough to take care of it
    I think I wanna give it a makeover. I'm not sure exactly what I wanna do yet, but something will be done hehe.. Maybe give it another colour, and how about instaling a Floyd Rose? What do you think?

People of the JCF forum: I need your help! I want you input hehe.. Just tell me what you think wold be cool on this guitar. I'm open for just about anything!

I'll put up a pic or two as soon as I figure out how to do it lol.. Stay tuned!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

What sort of Eagle is it? If it's a handmade, leave it the hell alone! Pics please.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...e86/Beasty.jpg

Yeah it's a small-ass pic but it's all I found at the moment.. Made In Japan Eagle with an EMG in the back.. Don't really know what else to say about it hehe.. Of course if you think it's better left alone just tell me hehe

One more, Beasty's back.. hehe

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...eastysback.jpg
      Last edited by Guitardude86; 09-06-2006, 03:58 PM.

Comment

My knowledge on those is limited, but I think that is a Japanese model. I would still keep it basically stock if I were you.

Comment

Yep, it's a Japanese model as far as I know. Aren't all NJ series made in Japan? I've been told so anyway

I actually like that guitar a lot but I needed money at the time so I was trying to sell it.. Wouldn't let go of my Charvel hehe.. Maybe I'll keep it after all, who knows.. Maybe I'll at least switch pickups? Either put in another EMG in front, or maybe some other brand? Not too keen on EMG pikups anymore, they're great for Slayer/Metallica or just about any other real heavy guitar sound, but I really wanna try something new.. I think blade pickups are awesome, maybe I'll install a Dimarzio Y2M (or whatever it's called, I'm a huge Death fan hehe)..
          Any recommendations on pickups?
          Thanks
          Last edited by Guitardude86; 09-06-2006, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
            Yep, it's a Japanese model as far as I know. Aren't all NJ series made in Japan? I've been told so anyway
            Yes, but this isn't a "made-for-the-USA-market" NJ model. This axe was made in Japan for the Japan market.

-a

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
              Yes, but this isn't a "made-for-the-USA-market" NJ model. This axe was made in Japan for the Japan market.
              Nope, it's an early NJ and they were produced in Japan for the American market. The prices on these neck-throughs are going up now as people are finding the handmades are out of their reach and instead going for the NJs. If I were you, I'd keep it stock. Especially with that quad. It's a great fixed bridge! BTW, your guitar is a very nice example. I wouldn't touch the paint either as some of us actually like the 80s silver/sparkle paint jobs. Doing anything to it will likely hurt the value.

Why can't you just get a cheapie Floyd guitar?
              Last edited by Sanctuary; 09-07-2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
                Aren't all NJ series made in Japan?
                Nah, later day NJs are Korean made. Heck the NT series (which are effectively NJs) are now done in China.

So yes, yours is most definitely a Japanese-made guitar. Do you have a serial number? That would help us date it.

And an X2N should work fine in the guitar.

Comment

those guitars dont take well to floyd rose routes IMO, the body isnt much thicker than an SG's. those early NJ neckthru's are much better than the BCR imports of today & much like the neckthru model series charvie's compare very well to the USA made ones. personally ide put a set of grover imperials & some duncans maybe some BCR tophat knobs & DONE.

Comment

I've been looking at these "skull knobs" and thought they look kinda cool. I'd like to order some. Do you think they'd look good in the B.C. Rich or would that look to fanboyish? Should i rather go for some tophats like j2379 suggested? If it sounds real ugly bugly to put skull knobs in the guitar I'd like to know.. I'll order them anyway just because I can hehe

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...skull-side.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...6/22282551.jpg

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't change a thing on your guitar. Those silly knobs are what every 12 year old throws on a BCR...but it's your guitar so do what you want.

Comment

Skull knobs = ghey
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thread jack: There has been an old Japanese Eagle at my local shop for years- Canary yellow refin, (you can still see where the million holes for the switches were filled in), w/ Kahler conversion and Duncan p-ups. $800.00. WTF?

Comment

$800?? That's lunacy! Sure it's a fine guitar, but wtf...
                            I paid around $500 for mine second hand, but remember I live in Norway and there's added an extra 25% in taxes to everything here, including guitars.. So if you subtract those 25% (or was it 24%? Eiher way it's a lot of money) you've got $375. That's what it should be sold for secondhand if you live in a country without sky-high taxes. If the seller is greedy he shouldn't sell it at any more than $400 tops. That's my opinion.

Edit: Ok ok, no skull knobs then lol
                            Last edited by Guitardude86; 09-07-2006, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                              Skull knobs = ghey
                              That is just an extension of the whole hot rod era.. didn't that thing kinda start out on either people customizing cars and/or motorcycles?
                              They look better than the dice ones.

I have a set of the die cast Qparts celtic weave purchased at the GC blowouts.. I was going to put them on my amp for the volumes, but I digress...a set of tophats would look much more classic to the guitar. The skull is way to much contrast to the rest of the instrument.
                              Last edited by charvelguy; 09-07-2006, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X