handmade bc rich bich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handmade bc rich bich

ok before we start i am not a fan of bc rich im just curious about one thing....http://www.themusiczoo.com/BCRichHan...lue_25096.html

what in the hell do alll those switches and knobs do??? some one explain the need for that many mini toggles and knobs. i do really like that color though....

http://www.bcrich.com/bcrsupport/con...e_overview.htm

Too much for me, but a lotta options right there

Comment

WOW that does alot. The numbered descriptions seems top make sense. But when you read the description blow that it starts to go off a bit. Switch #2? #2 is the neck volume. And knob #8? Knob #8 is the switch for coil splitting the neck pup. WTF?
      Gil

Comment

Gives you the most possible tone options.

Comment

007 what's his guitar back! They can't even keep the description of the knobs and switches right themselves!

Comment

wow. just...wow. lol that better be a studio only guitar way too many possible problems for a live setting lol.

"dude your guitar sounds like shit"
            "well if i flip this switch, turn this knob, then flip the switch back and flip all the others i think it will sound better."
            ::flips switches::
            "nope still sounds like shit get a jackson "

Comment

That guitar is a 2005, HHI-produced Bich Supreme w/the bullet pre-amps.

As for the electronics, sure, it takes a while to understand it all, but it gives you a ton of options sound-wise. Also, BCRs with the full electronics package are seen as more collectable than those without. Neal Moser was the man responsible for designing the original package, and I'm eagerly awaiting my Bich which is being refurbished by the man himself.
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

once you get used to it, its great. for the most part playing metal & hard rock you only use 1 setup & leave it. but when using clean or slightly overdriven tones its amaizing.

Comment

just to be clear about it im not thinking about buying one of those. lol i dont have anywhere near enough cash. i was just curious about why they felt the need for all the knobs and switches. must be a pain in the ass to switch pickups lol

Comment

Is it something like Frank Zappas customised "Babysnakes" SG? I saw a video of Dweezil playing it and comparing it to his own signature SG on www.guitarplayertv.com (it should still be there) and it was absolutely crazy how he could make it sound! If the Bich is anything like that guitar, THEN I'll be impressed!
                    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

people buy guitars to play them, not spend fuck knows how long flicking toggle switches. that's just stupid. besides, it's a bc rich, and that should be reason enough to avoid it altogether.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Well I'm happy with my B.C. Rich Eagle It's great for pumping out heavy riffs. If I'm gonna play some Zakk Wylde/Slayer or other "super heavy stuff" I think it does the job pretty damn well.
                        Of course it's important to remember not only with BC Rich, but all guitar brands, if you buy a Korean made guitar at, say $200, you won't get USA (or even Japan) quality.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                          people buy guitars to play them, not spend fuck knows how long flicking toggle switches. that's just stupid. besides, it's a bc rich, and that should be reason enough to avoid it altogether.
                          Wow-that's a very arrogant reply-you being in the U.K.,have probably never even seen a USA Customshop B.C.Rich,let alone played one!

And If that's your guitar in your Avatar,then,what's it like to play a watered down B.C.Rich Stealth?

Here is one of my basses-I've owned 3 of these and YES I've played them live in both a Jazz band and a Metal band

http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Wether you love 'em or hate 'em.. There's nothing like a BC Rich. In my opinion they have been amongst the pioneers in inventing new guitar shapes after the flying-v was unleashed on the market.

Will a BC Rich make you a better player though? I don't think so, no guitar will make you a better player, that is up to yourself (how much you practice etc).
                            Having said that there's a lot of people (not just kids) buying the same kind of guitars they see their heroes with. And that can really motivate you to play! If it's a BC Rich or a Charvel, who cares - you're gonna be every bit as good a player as your hero
                            Last edited by Guitardude86; 09-11-2006, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne
                              And If that's your guitar in your Avatar,then,what's it like to play a watered down B.C.Rich Stealth?
                              Thanks for making my day, Lorne!
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                              X