LP junior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP junior

I found a Gibson L.P.junior today 810095 any one have their serial number chart handy?
    It has its share of road rash but very cool.
    I pulled the P-90 to take a close look and its by god its a mid 70s P-90 how cool is that?
    Cherry in color and weighs in at 10 lbs.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I get somewhere in the 73 - 75 range with my reference.

Comment

I was guessing early 70s but thought that was a long shot.
      Thanks T.

Comment

Nice grab! 10 lbs. really? That's awful heavy for a Junior!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Its 10 lbs on the money.Its the heaviest one I've ever had.Body is 1 piece too just a dense hunk of wood I guess.
          has great tone lots of mid range nice highs too.Not spanky highs just smooth bell like highs.It has had a headstock repair a long time ago judgeing by how its aged in that area so nothing to worry about.

Comment

A friend just called and his chart says 65-69 for that range of serial numbers so I don't know for sure.I tend to think 70s because the serial numbers are in ink under the clear and not arbored into the back of the headstock.
            No dot over the i in the logo either.
            Last edited by straycat; 09-09-2006, 11:00 PM.

Comment

That serial number was used more than once. There was a range in 69 and then again in 73 - 75. I guessed that the 70's p90 put it in the 70's range rather than a swap in of a 70's p90 into a 69 Junior.

Comment

I am pretty sure that you are gonna need to put up a photograph of that guitar.

Comment

No such thing as a 65-69 LP Jr. (they were SG's during that period). This is most likely a 70's guitar, especially given the weight.

Comment

I'll try and post a pics later tonight my wife has the camera.Thanks Rupe and Tashtego that makes sense.

Comment

Well the book does not show the Lp(single cut) junior being made from 60-86.So this one must be a reissue (86-96) that has has a headstock repair a long time ago.But it does have a 70s P-90 that I do know.Shes a great guitar non the less.

Comment

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I'm working on that B65.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                            I'm working on that B65.
                            Not hard enough!:ROTF:
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

10lbs is insane for a jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X