Thoughts on Suhr Guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Suhr Guitars?

I'm debating taking this line on and I'm curious what you guys think of the guitars. We'd start with the Pro Series (similar to Jackson's USA Select line) and if that sells ok we'll become a custom shop dealer.

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

I've not played one, but I've only heard good things and they look incredible.

One line to take could be to become the 'brave' dealer who stocks Floyd'd models, cos most I seem to see just stock guitars with vintage trems (maybe for a reason, but from a personal perspective, I'd never buy a v/t guitar!)
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

AWSOME guitars, great quality and monster tone.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

+1 regarding Floyd's guitars. I've only played a couple imports and they seemed ok. But I've played a ton of the US made Floyd Rose guitars and they are fantastic. My Arrow V is my goto guitar these days.

And a +1 for Suhr. I never "got" Suhr until I played one of the guitars with a chunky neck profile. I put money down that day. I have since brought it home and it is another favorite of mine.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I own one and it has totally ruined me. Everything else I've played seems sub par. I'm really anal about necks and fretwork and my Suhr just kills. It doesn't hurt that everything else is perfect too.

My only issue is that it's so nice with the quilt top and so expensive that I'm too anal to enjoy it sometimes. I've gotten better but I'm still ultra careful with it.

The pro series is going to be huge at the price point they are selling it at. They are having a really hard time with keeping up with production. From a business standpoint I would have no issues going with Suhr. Great customer service from a great builder at a reasonable price (Pro Series). You can't lose.

Comment

Fretwork is the best I have ever felt. My bud has two of them. Both of them are Koa. Excellent tone and playability is nice and smooth.

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I purchased one last year. The craftsmanship and quality were top-notch, but the guitar had some dead spots near the 12th fret that really bothered me (especially since I paid through the nose for the guitar). I also didn't like the "Even C slim" neck profile. Just wasn't comfortable for me. I like Jackson necks better, and the guitars are cheaper (non-Custom shop). The tone of the Suhr, however was really a 10/10. I really liked the Suhr pickups. If I could have adjusted to the neck, I might have kept it, but it just wasn't a good fit for me personally. I got rid of it a couple of months ago.

Comment

The Pro Series is USA, correct?
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter
                  yes. just no options besides color.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Played two so far (both used pieces at GC). Both were great guitars at good prices, but I didn't buy either. Can't explain it. After I passed on the first one, I was kicking myself for a few months because I could have flipped it for five bills over what they were asking. Then I passed on the second one. I guess they're just not for me.
                    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Seriously tight guitars from the fit and finish perspective, and great sounding as well. As long as you find one with the features that fit you, you really can't go wrong with a Suhr.

Comment

Great guitars, but I prefer Andersons for that type of instrument.

Comment

Ok... how about some thoughts on Anderson guitars? These are also an option.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter

Made by the same builders (all ex Fender custom shop guys) who do the custom orders. As hippietim said they are set specs which means they can set the CNC up and do a run of bodies/necks all in one shot saving time + money. The builders don't have to constantly look at a build sheet for each guitar since the specs are all the same, again saving a lot of time.

And for you shredders out there, they are going to have a 24 fret Floyd Pro Series soon (bummer for me since I don't like 24 frets but do like Floyds).

Comment

Suhr would be an awesome addition, more so than Anderson IMO. Then again I'm a MK fan and he made Mark's customs with Rudy Pensa.

What I'd be concerned about is that most of these guys are known for their custom pieces and people looking for a Suhr may not want a Pro series.
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                              X