Rickenbackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickenbackers

I bought a 360/6 about 7 or 8 months ago, and play the heck out of it, it took a little getting used to but I love it, got a sweet deal on it too, the same dealer is now getting 300 bucks more (3 month wait) although MSRP is still the same. Any how, these suckers are getting harder to get all the time, waiting time is over a year for many models. Very limited access to em abroad, According to their CEO they are at maximum production, (100% made in USA) RIC refuses to change its manufacturing in order to maintain quality control, I had no idea there was such a demand for em, I tell ya its great to see a company that sticks to its principles and doesn't cut corners or allow itself to be taken over by a big conglomorate, pretty damn rare in todays market, this is starting to sound like a commercial but In a time when guitars manufacturers are selling a lot of foriegn made junk or raping you for an American made model , Rickenbacker is definitly an exception
    I say the boy ain't right!

One of best guitars you can buy for the money and made 100% in the USA. Made by the same methods with a few tweaks over the years. Just an awesome guitar finished in Nitrocellulose lacquer!
    Here's my 370/12. Makes me sound like Roger McGuinn, John Lennon, Tom Petty, George Harrison etc. etc.

I hope they never jump onto the Gibson bandwagon with the insane pricing etc.. The company is still in the "family" hands.
    Last edited by Bengal65; 09-15-2006, 07:50 PM.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

they were way ahead of Jackson on the sharkies, too funny.

I actually prefer Rickenbacker basses to their guitars. growing up on Rush I loved that punchy Rick bass sound.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
        I actually prefer Rickenbacker basses to their guitars. growing up on Rush I loved that punchy Rick bass sound.
        Yeah +1. I always loved the sound Geddy Lee got and my favorite was Chris Squire in Yes. I loved that percussive attack to the strings on a bass.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I've been meaning to pick up a Rickenbacker 12-string electric for years but somehow it never manages to percolate to the top of the list.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne
            I've been meaning to pick up a Rickenbacker 12-string electric for years but somehow it never manages to percolate to the top of the list.
            They are really cool. To me, they are unique, but limited in versatality as far as playing all musical styles. I've always wanted one and jumped on a new one last Fall. I just love it especially with a Jangle Box compressor. I run mine into a Roland Jazz Chorus 120. The exact same setup Roger McGuinn is using these days. Just too cool. Check out some of the sound bytes on the Jangle Box site
            Super depth. Super Chimey. Especially this one: The Drone Song http://www.janglebox.com/music/The%20Drone%20Song.mp3

He's using an Ibanhad 12 string, but you get the idea.
            Last edited by Bengal65; 09-16-2006, 12:00 AM.

Comment

I love 12 strings but I favor an acoustic for that.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

one name... Cliff Burton

Comment

I passed up a Ric bass (looked like a 4001) at a local shop a few years ago....for a crummy $285.

It was the same shape as the 4001, had an insanely thin neck and was a pure joy to play. As a RUSH fan as well I had been looking for a 4001, but since I knew so little about them I passed on that one thinking it couldn't possibly be the same model.

Of course I somehow forgot the basics of equipment shopping - if it plays good, buy it
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I am currently playing mine thru the ric-o-sound (stereo) option thru 2 PV bravo tube amps, a Carvin GS8 speaker in the bass (neck pup) side and a Greenback in the treble (bridge pup) side. really cool sound, distorting one side or both, effects on one side, etc... all kinds of variations

I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                    X