New RICO JR. on order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RICO JR. on order

...And I can't wait! My wife is only letting me get it for my birthday (October)... The only difference between the one pictured and mine are there will be no Tone knob and two EMG 81s. Blood Red burst finish, neck through, ebony board, iron cross cut out headstock, Bone nut (A Nut should be made of no other material) and killer abalone iron cross inlays. This is my 3rd Rico Jr. and it won't be my last. Simply amazing craftsmanship.

Last edited by Loudone; 09-15-2006, 07:13 PM.

Cool
    http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

cool. got pics of your other ones?

I've been kinda digging the Menace shape they do. Especially the 7 string blood splatter suicide Menace pictured at Guitar Asylum. Just wish it was a 6 string and had a trem.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Loudone
          Bone nut (A Nut should be made of no other material)
          WTF??? Explain that one. Bone is a great option, out of several great options. Blanket statements like this only serve to spread ignorance and have no base in reality.

I guess we should all change the phenolic nuts on our old Charvels?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe
            WTF??? Explain that one. Bone is a great option, out of several great options. Blanket statements like this only serve to spread ignorance and have no base in reality.

I guess we should all change the phenolic nuts on our old Charvels?
            That is right!!!!!!! (I am known for making Blanket Statements) Change your nuts! Now!

Comment

Originally posted by Loudone
              ...And I can't wait! My wife is only letting me get it for my birthday (October)... The only difference between the one pictured and mine are there will be no Tone knob and two EMG 81s. Blood Red burst finish, neck through, ebony board, iron cross cut out headstock, Bone nut (A Nut should be made of no other material) and killer abalone iron cross inlays. This is my 3rd Rico Jr. and it won't be my last. Simply amazing craftsmanship.

Really nice.
              Me too thinking of getting one off him.
              Can you tell me what sort of wait time, are you given + the sort of price?
              Thanks

Comment

Choice of nut material is subjective. If it's solid enough and cut properly it doesn't make a helluva difference unless all you do is play open chords. Once you fret a note, you're not hearing the nut.

Comment

Originally posted by ilbianconero
                  Really nice.
                  Me too thinking of getting one off him.
                  Can you tell me what sort of wait time, are you given + the sort of price?
                  Thanks
                  This particular one was hanging in his shop w/out pick-ups and not yet buffed. I really liked it and so decided on how I wanted the electronics and what pick-ups... I don't want to disclose the price, but it does retail for over $4000 I suggest talking to Jason Kae @ www.drumcityguitarland.com who is my dealer and takes good care of me. These guitars are totally handmade and are equal to if not better than the original Hesperia BC Rich guitars. Also, check out DrumCity for their current inventory. Jason has some killer prices on the Vixen Vs.

Comment

^ Nice Sig
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo
                      ^ Nice Sig
                      Thanks... Fred has done two tattoos on me including the "Loud One" face.

Comment

Bernie just sent me these "works in progress." The first photo does the guitar the most justice. I am very pleased! Rico Jr. Guitars is the best Custom Shop I have ever dealt with.

Last edited by Loudone; 09-24-2006, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Do you get a free custom guitar stand with it like the ones on ebay have?

Comment

I notice you posted that you ordered only like a week ago and you already have in progress pics??? How fast is the Rico JR custom shop? Also, The Bernie Rico guitars, is that brand entirely separate from BC Rich???

Comment

Originally posted by gort View Post
                              I notice you posted that you ordered only like a week ago and you already have in progress pics??? How fast is the Rico JR custom shop? Also, The Bernie Rico guitars, is that brand entirely separate from BC Rich???
                              No, its been a work of progress for awhile, I just decided to post it here lately. Yes it is entirely separate from BC Rich. BC Rich is now owned by HHI.

Comment

Working...
                              X