No announcement yet.

Washburn George Lynch sig??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a G15V George Washburn Signature Series................

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2
      Its a G15V George Washburn Signature Series................
      Thanks.. Uhh.. Is it any good? Never heard of 'em..
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Ah, George Washburn formed the company. That makes more sense now. Did he create his own "signature" model, though?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually, I just dug through some old catalogs and found a late '80s Washburn catalog. It is indeed a G15. It says G-15V on the truss rod cover, and it has George Washburn written in script like this (this is from a different model, obviously, that I found on the web)...

The guitar pictured in the catalog is also black cherry like the one with EMGs, but it's got Washburn-logoed pickups which look similar to EMGs, and it has active circuitry (midrange boost) which I guess is what the middle knob is for. And the licensed Floyd trem is Washburn's 600T.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The trem on that guitar is an Act III trem like the ones found on Aria Pro guitars at the time. I have one on a Japan market Aria V. It's actually not a bad trem, and stays in tune very well.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
              Ah, George Washburn formed the company. That makes more sense now. Did he create his own "signature" model, though?
              George Washburn has been dead for many, many years. Maybe thats where the confusion comes from, one is dead, and the other looks like he's dead............

Comment

I think that's what steriods will do to ya.

Comment

"This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Working...
                  X