I bought my first real Gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought my first real Gibson

I owned a lot of Epiphones over the years, to wet my appatite for the big G I would buy someday.

And that Day finally came I made myself the owner of a 1993 Gibson Nighthawk 600 Euro, case included.

Congrats! Interesting shaped bridge pup there.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool, lots of intersting tones there with that mini HB, sgl. coil, & slanted stretched HB to a 5-way. Is it push/pull too?

Comment

neat Axe, how's it play, is it everything you expected?
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Congrats my friend !!! Cool axe !!

I had a Black Blues Hawk that was an absolute Tone Monster !!!

Varitone rotary switch could get a whole buncha sounds !!!

I will definitely get another one day.

Comment

I always liked those...nice job

Comment

That's the first Blues Hawk I've seen with dot inlays. Matter of fact, I knew a chick who played a Blues Hawk with the split block inlays and if I'm not mistaken, it was 24 frets versus 22.
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                That's the first Blues Hawk I've seen with dot inlays. Matter of fact, I knew a chick who played a Blues Hawk with the split block inlays and if I'm not mistaken, it was 24 frets versus 22.
                I've seen plenty with dot inlays, and I don't think they ever made any Blueshawk or Nighthawk models with 24 frets. A Floyd Rose was also an option on some of them.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congrats on an interesting, cool guitar. I've never heard of these.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

The Nighthawk and related Blueshawk were designed by JT Riboloff who also was key to kicking off the Gibson Historic stuff from what I understand. He worked on Kramer's as well. These days he's one of the main dudes at Floyd Rose - he designs most of their guitars and pickups and such. He's a super nice guy and also a big fan of Jackson guitars as it turns out.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

It really is a Strat player's Gibson, the fender style scale length feels familiar to my hands having played a strat for so many years, the profile of the neck also feels really Fender like- a nice fat D profile, quite different from my Epiphone Sparkle Les Paul which has more of an SG kind of neck, lean and fast.

Speaking of SG's, I played our rythm guitarist' SG on sessions of our second album and this Nighthawk's body feels similar to that SG. The Nighthawk's body style looks like the top half of a Les Paul put on the bottom half of an SG. I never really liked the way they looked but it sounds so good, I can go from a Mark Knopfler "Sultans of swing" kind of sound to a Gary Moore "Walking by myself" sound by just flicking that five way switch, it's easily one of the more versityle guitars Gibson ever made.

What you don't see in this picture is that it has a very beautifull flamed maple top, the Guitar is not solid colored red as the picture might imply but translucent red.

Comment

I have never been a big Gibson fan, I currently own a 2004 Lucille and I can honestly say that the guitar mediocre at best. There are tons of finsih flaws with it and I have seen the same issues with others Lucilles as well. I think Gibson is to busy sucking the hind tit of GC and Musicians Enemy to care about quality control.

I have played a model similar to yours and I really like the feel and tone, I just do not like the Gibson corporation as a whole.

I have a friend that is a small custom builder primarily archtops and he said it best "Gibson is everything evil about the music industry..."

Rant over...sorry

Comment

Working...
                        X