Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna try something new... 24 frets, 25.5" scale....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna try something new... 24 frets, 25.5" scale....

Budget..... 1k and under new or used......

Scale ... 25.5"

Nut Width... No less then 1 11/16

Ive tried quite a few guitars, but I wanna try something new. Ive worked hard this summer and am gonna get another SL1 or SL2H, but I also wanna try something else.

IVe done the Ibanez thing and im done with their necks, my hands just dont like the Wizard profile.

Lots of nice Schecters, but from what ive heard, ALL of their necks are 1 5'8...

I love Carvins Quality, but I DONT like the scale, im jsut too used to 25.5, and 25" didnt agree with me.

I dont care if it has a Floyd OR not. Ive been going thru various makers pages, and not that many list their nut specs........

Thanks for any recommends for me to check out per my specs!

Used ESP MII. Charvel San Dimas Reissue 'Standard' model, or one of the SDIIs or IIIs.

Pete

Comment

A used HM Strat from 1989ish. 24 frets, 17" fretboard radius, Kahler Spyder trem. I wish I'd never sold mine. And every time I hit a guitar show I'm looking for the guy that bought it. Haven't found him yet though

Comment

Ive NEVER tried an ESP! Played some LTD's but never a genuine ESP, Ive never seen any in any stores I frequent. Thanks for the recommends!

Comment

I thought most ESP have 1 5/8" nut width.

Comment

Speaking of ESP MII's, there is a new one for sale locally. Black, maple board, abalone dots, OFR, and duncans... $1329. Seems like a good deal to me.

Comment

Most of the M-II bolt on's have 1 11/16 nuts, i know the duncan'd equiped ones do...

Ozz

Comment

I was just looking at the 2006 neck spec sheet. Just about all have 42mm nut width which = 1 5/8 even the MII bolt on's. All Standard series are 42mm and only a few Signiture models have wider. ie: Lynch = 45mm/1 3/4.

Comment

thanks for the research pred. Thats interesting, mebbe society is dealing with shrinking hands, coz my mitts sure prefer something a little wider. I'd like to try out a lynch one day as well, 1 3/4!

Comment

Hey man, if you like the Carvins, they make a sweet bolt on shredder called the Bolt+. 24 frets, 25.5 scale and the wide nut, at least 1 11/16. The price is right also and many/many options. Jack.

Comment

Hey JAck, how ya doing?!?

SINCE WHEN did Carvin offer the Bolt with 24+ frets?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026 View Post
                        Hey JAck, how ya doing?!?

SINCE WHEN did Carvin offer the Bolt with 24+ frets?!?!?
                        They don't. All their bolt-on models are 22-fretters.

The 7-string models do come with 24 frets and a wider nut.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got excited there for a second until I went to the Carvin website.

I have a LONG term hatred with Carvin for making such good guitars at good prices and offering so many specs except that ONE I need (25 vs 25.5")

<--- The Anal Retentive Guitar Buyer

Comment

Have you ever tried a 25" scale guitar? The Jazz'R I had was 25" scale, and honestly I could not tell the difference between the two.

And I've played two real ESPees - an original late-80's Soloist ripoff (Jackson head, the whole nine yards). It felt like a brick with strings on it. Sounded like one too. The other one was a Lynch Kamikaze. The necks are incredibly wide - like a 5-string bass or a classical neck. The bodies are solid maple, and weigh like a Les Paul.

The closest Jackson neck I've had to the Lynch neck was the one you find on those Fleckstone Dinkys. That neck felt uncomfortably wide to me - like I was trying to fret the neck with pencils under my thumb and palm.

Of course, I play with a "ballbat grip", so those shredder-types with the constantly-extended fingers might get different results.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Building off Newc...
                              You may really like the Ibanez SZ series.
                              They are 25.1" scale and you cannot tell a difference. The necks are chunkier and they play very nice. They have a new neck thru, SZ4020 and it looks sweet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-SZ4020FM-...QQcmdZViewItem

That sucks about your RGA. I just picked up a RGA321 and I love it. It's weird because I've been having the opposite problem from you. I have small hands and I haven't had any problems with the Wizard neck with cramping. But, pretty much every other guitar that I've owned my hands would cramp.
                              Last edited by BTB007; 10-03-2006, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X