• fernandes fr-120av (vandenberg sign)

rare as hell, foud one in used condition

- back of the neck has the finish removed
    - non-orignal pups
    - refretted
    - some dings&dents

what would be a good price to offer?

pictures -->

WOW. THOSE ARE RARE... Whatever you are willing to pay would be my answer. I would ask the seller what he wants for it first and go it from there.

Comment

thx FB,

so.. no one else has any smart comments on these ?

Comment

The trem unit seems not original.

Comment

FB is right, something is only worth what someone will pay for it. Does the owner know it's quite a rare guitar? (Not that rarity makes it valuable).
          Is he desperate to get rid of it? Is he a mate? If not a mate, you don't have to worry about insulting him, make a stupidly low offer (100Euro maybe?), cash talks very loudly to some people.
          You will soon know what kind of figure the seller has in mind then, or be walking off with it under your arm. Once you have the seller's idea of it's worth in mind, then you can start the haggling proper, bringing up non-standard trems etc.

Let us know how you fare.
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

well.. the seller nows it's rare and he's very open towards the changes.. he likes approx $1250 for this one.. I know new they did cost a lot more in Europe, for as far you could get one

Comment

Originally posted by pebber View Post
              well.. the seller nows it's rare and he's very open towards the changes.. he likes approx $1250 for this one.. I know new they did cost a lot more in Europe, for as far you could get one
              I'd run from that price if it was my money. 1250 will get you a used GMW, a used new Strathead Charvel or anything else which would blow that guitar outta the water...just my opinion
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

I know Shawn.. they didn't get too good of a review when they came out, Vandenberg already had run off to Peavey I believe..

still, a cool piece to have..

Comment

I saw a near mint one on Ebay a while back. I can't remember what it went for, but I don't remember it being higher than $1,200.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    I'd run from that price if it was my money. 1250 will get you a used GMW, a used new Strathead Charvel or anything else which would blow that guitar outta the water...just my opinion
                    Not in Europe it won´t

Comment

$ 900 is a fair offer, for a guitar that has some interest for a collector (or Vanderberg fan...), but which objectively you wouldn't buy just for its quality.

Comment

Working...
                      X