tell me about the fender john 5 tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tell me about the fender john 5 tele

if anyone can provide any info, that will be greatly appreciated.
    i'm especially interested in the neck shape/profile.
    thanks!

I know it has the ugly 12 string headstock!

Comment

It has a fugly headstock. yuck...

Comment

apart from the headstock, I like the look of it.

This has been another value-added pubic circus announcement from VitaminG Inc.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

If it is good enough for John Lowery it is good enough for any of us!!! It is a killer guitar from everything I have read but I have never touched one...hmmm, I may have to look one up this weekend?

Comment

I've seen em. I kinda don't like the metal bastardization of the Tele model going on there. then again I'm not into MManson either, not my thing. you can make a metal Tele without uglifying it. Tommy Skeoch of Tesla was the first one to do this I think. not for everyone but hey.

I built a custom Fender Tele that has the classic look but a heavy humbucker sound.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

You know who has one...

Comment

Originally posted by BTB007 View Post

Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

A face only mom could love....

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

the headstock shape is pretty awkward, but anyway it had to be 3+3 because John5 is into bends behind the nut. I guess it's hard to imagine another 3+3 headstock with "Tele" feel.
                    Because I don't say it
                    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                      A face only mom could love....

-Nate
                      You made that seem like a face only YOUR mom could love
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Don't you need a special permit to carry that much ugly in such a confined area????
                        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I am not into Teles in general, but that particular model is extra-ugly IMO. If you gave me one for free it would be on Ebay within 24 hours. If John 5 digs it, fine for him, but I'm not into wearing makeup like the Joker either so I'll also pass on the guitar.

If I wanted a Tele shape I'd get a Carvin TL60. 24 frets, neckthrough body, humbuckers and trem options. A modern guitar with a classic shape!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have one, not the custom shop one, but the cheaper one. Bought it used and it looks dull original, so I modded it a bit to look like what it´s meant to be... Put on a Bigsby with a Bare Knuckle pup in the bridge.
                            Don´t play it much though, it´s resting in its case. It´s heavier than anything else I´ve ever tried..It´s just to much for me.
                            Neck is pretty thick, have to check it out before I can give anymore info. I´ll keep it for the look.

Comment

Pos

Comment

Working...
                              X