tell me about the fender john 5 tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POS? Ever played one?

Put a standard tele neck on that, and I'd have one. Imagine that with a matching headstock and an ebony board! YUMMY...

Comment

yeahh it looks like a pos mate,why would i have to play it to say that?

Comment

Originally posted by jjw View Post
        yeahh it looks like a pos mate,why would i have to play it to say that?
        If you need to ask, you don't need to know. Mate.

Silly statement. Some of the better guitars I've played/owned may not have looked like much, but looks aren't everything (sometimes). Teles pretty much rule. It just doesn't get much simpler. Nothing to them, and they're STILL that damn good! Of the 100's of guitars I've owned, teles have been among the best players, and those have (mostly) been import standards. I'd shudder to think what a REALLY good one would be like.

Comment

[QUOTE=chrisolson;793765]If you need to ask, you don't need to know. Mate.

Silly statement. Some of the better guitars I've played/owned may not have looked like much, but looks aren't everything (sometimes). Teles pretty much rule. It just doesn't get much simpler. Nothing to them, and they're STILL that damn good! Of the 100's of guitars I've owned, teles have been among the best players, and those have (mostly) been import standards. I'd shudder to think what a REALLY good one would be like.[/QUOTEohh yeahh

lol

i have played teles through old fender twins and vox amps mate and i have a vaired guitar collection(not shown on my website)
          ohhh and i can play on ANY GUITAR-but i wouldnt play on that one as it looks like a POSthanks for trying to inform me but i kind of know anyway

Comment

I realize you kind of know - cool website BTW... Just sayin'. Not trying to start shit with you. I just think that your statement that it's a "POS" is a little short-sighted. But everyone has their thing. You know -- that whole "judging a book by it's cover thing" (being a Parker owner, you of all people should know this. BTW - I like Parkers too, but think that headstock could use a little help...). Like I said, some of the best playing guitars I've had haven't really been "lookers", but so be it. Do I like the John 5? Cosmetically, no, and that's STRICTLY due to the headstock. The rest of that guitar SMOKES!! Like I said, put a regular tele neck on, and I'd be all over it. With that said, they are great guitars despite the abortion of a headstock. The headstock withstanding, they are great sounding/playing guitars. Most teles are. I have yet to find one I haven't liked to some degree. I have ran a cross a Soloist or two that's been a stinker though, so that's saying something.

Anyway, I wasn't attacking your abilities or who you are - we're the same age, and have probably seen a thing or two along the way. I just think that opinions like that are a little short-sighted, especially if you haven't picked one up. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion just as I am, right?

As Napoleon's brother Kip would say, "Peace out."

Comment

hey dude i was refering to it looking like a pos.lol.It might play realy well but i have to say its fugly mateand for that reason alone i would never want to own one or be seen playing one.NOW a normal tele is a great guitar and they look cool too.I have some serious musician friends who play beat up old tele's and they sound fantastic.Richie kotzen is another modern rock player who goes down that route too.
              that J5 model is ugly as hell mate,and for that reason alone i wouldnt play it
              yeahh parker head is dif to my other models.i have always joked about using it as a cheese cutter.
              no problems mate,just respect anyone who says if a guitar is fugly pos or whatever.I dont have to fuck hillery clinton to call her fugly mate,it should be the same with guitars

Comment

Originally posted by jjw View Post
                I dont have to fuck hillery clinton to call her fugly mate,it should be the same with guitars
                :ROTF:

Comment

i knew you would agree with me on that!lol who wouldnt..lol.have a good week bro

Comment

Kotzen tele? here's mine:

Comment

thanks for the info guys.
                      i had an opportunity to pick one up for pretty cheap but decided against it.
                      i wasn't digging the headstock, but after hearing the thick neck, i had to pass.
                      i like a medium to small profile neck, like a wolfgang or a musicman/ibanez type neck.

and that kotzen tele is sweet looking.

Comment

yeahh congrats on that Kotzen tele mate,thats a hell of a looker and has the right headstock for it..lol.bet she plays a treat too

Comment

thanks Bros. Yeah its a nice guitar. Sounds killer. Also has a fat round neck and HUGE frets.

Comment

Working...
                          X