Need help Identifying this Kahler nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Identifying this Kahler nut

like the title says and where would I get a replacement for the missing piece?

Kahlerusa.com lists them but says they are out of stock. Try emailing them. Maybe someone has one of those Parts kits for kahlers. Lots of goodies in there.

Comment

Try ebay and just but a whole nut assy.I have a nut base no locking pads.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

send me the dimensions of the pads and screws you seek - i have a kahler parts replacement kit that may have what you need.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That's a Spyder locknut and they are hard to find. The clamps are not as deep between the nut and the tuners as compared to a regular Floyd locknut. Look on ebay I guess, but you might be better off getting a regular Floyd nut and adapting it to fit. I doubt Kahler will make those trems or nuts again.

Budman68 sells used parts, can't think of his URL but if you look him up on the userlist, or I think he's on the "What did you play before C/J" thread today. He has used parts for a lot of things and does some fabrication, heck maybe he could make you one if he doesn't have a used one.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

... or Hippietim might be able to help you!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Those locking pads are tapered are they not?
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

yes the pads are tapered. From looking on Ebay at a fender strat neck, it is a spyder locking nut . the nut is 11.5mm by 8mm ( my inches side of the tape measure isn't small enough) Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  That's a Spyder locknut ....
                  Just for inmformation´s sake:

While these ARE commonly associated with the Spyder and Killer trems, Kahler made 3 styles of lock and all were available with any locking trem. There was the "standard" which we all know from our SD Jacksons and BC Riches, the Deluxe w/ the flip levers, and the "nut lock" pictured above

Comment

Working...
                  X