Guess I commited the ultimate sin, huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
    Hmm.. I'd have to have gotten somewhere between $400-500 for the Eagle for that to work.. And I don't think I would, concidering the shape of it. Even if I was lucky and someone bought it at at that price they'd probably have complaint when they got it, because it really wasn't in top shape.
    Looked fine to me. There aren't that many of those guitars around, anyway.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by TommyD View Post
      > Back when I was looking for my first USA Jackson,it made sense to me to check out the closest Jackson dealer which was Strings and Things in Memphis,despite the fact that in my original hometown of Akron,Ohio,there was a dealer that had 40 Custom Shops in stock. I saved money from working my senior year and took birthday/graduation money and went looking for a Soloist. I had seen a black one in Strings and Things,but had never played it,so I went to check it out,knowing that if all else failed I could go to Akron in a month and have my pick. I walked in and looked around a little at first,letting the people at the counter get waited on before asking to check it out,it was hanging by the strap on a peg behind the counter. I knew before I walked in that this one was priced a little higher than some of the ones I had seen at Akron Music,despite it being solid black and some of the others had graphics,tagged at 2395.00. I asked the first available salesman to check out the black Soloist,and he snickered to himself and asked me "why,have you got 2400 in your pocket?". I looked at him with complete contempt and said "NO,I don't have 2400 in my pocket",as I pulled out a roll of mixed bills you could have plugged a toilet with,and said "as a matter of fact I have 4500". He gave me a look that suggested he felt a turd escape,and I walked out. A month later,I bought a black,Floyded SD Soloist with a bound board and dots,like Vai's yellow Eyeball and a Mesa Mark III for 3500 out the door and they ate the tax. Tommy D.
      Beautiful story I can't believe some salesmen are that snobbish and prejudice. You'd think their job was to sell you something, and then they don't want you to even look at the guitar you want.. Some people are just unbelievable..
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
        Looked fine to me. There aren't that many of those guitars around, anyway.
        Thanks for the compliment Yeah it was a nice guitar, something special, but the neck had started getting a bit worn out over the years, I could tell. Plus the front pickup had some fizzing going on, though I'm sure that's easily fixed. Anyway, if I was to buy a new BC Rich it would be (you guessed it) a Stealth

Comment

The body.. Ultrasonic pickups.. H/S/S config.. Anyone know what kind of wood the body is? Cause I don't
          Can you picture this with a Floyd Rose trem and higher output pups? The Ultrsonics aren't the best for high gain playing. As for the Floyd; I'm shamelessly addicted to Floyd's, not just for divebombs and the like, I also think it's easier with the fine-tuners.. Yeah, I'm lazy But if it would turn out looking like shit.. Well just tell me Any suggestions on pickups? I know many people hate EMG's, but this one does remind me slightly of one of Steve Lukathers guitars, pre-Musicman endorsement. And he can make it sound pretty damn nice! Same goes for Reb Beach, and a few others.. Yeah, lots of people call them sterile and cold.. But I really don't hear that in Lukather and Beach's playing! Other suggestions are welcome. I'm just serving some ideas here, curious about what you doods think!
          Thanks in advance!

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Sorry to make this rather impersonalized..but..if you do a search...there have been literally countless debates on pickups over the last 4 years.
              EMG vs Dimarzio and SD, SD vs Dimarzio, APC vs itself.. the EMG's sucks threads..etc.

Comment

Thanks dude, I posted the question in the Tech section.. Seemed more suitable there

Comment

Nice looking guitar btw.. looks well made. The control route looks like a cross between Ibanez and BCrich. The headstock looks rather tele'ish but with 24 frets.

Comment

Thankyouverymuch!

Comment

Beautiful story I can't believe some salesmen are that snobbish and prejudice. You'd think their job was to sell you something, and then they don't want you to even look at the guitar you want.. Some people are just unbelievable..
                      Well, they should maintain courtesy, but bear in mind that they have that guitar behind the counter because they don't want a tire kicker taking in and scratching the back with his belt buckle and dinging it when he tries to hang it back up. That's not personal or prejudiced, but the way they screen you can be. If it were me I would simply say, this guitar is for serious buyers to check out. Are you actually interested, and able, to buy this guitar today? That would be fair to ask.

As for your guitar, maybe turn the light on and take more pics? I'm sorry but I can't see much at all of the guitar other than the general outlines. If you're happy with it that's what counts though!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks man, I'll try to get some pics out in the daylight but I'll have to avoid the snow!

Comment

Working...
                        X