No announcement yet.

Need help from EMG lovers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 in the bridge, and a 60 in the neck!!
    I love admins!

Comment

The guitar I am putting it in is a washburn x50. If you haven't seen one its a strat shape but built like a lespaul. Mahgony body with a maple top.

Comment

I have an X50PROE with EMGs.
        You should put the 85 in bridge and 81 in neck like the Washburn X50PROFE!
        http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/x/x50.aspx

Comment

81 bridge in Mohogany sounds very meaty, out of Mohogany go with the 85 for beef.

Comment

Thats my problem the 81 doesn't . (1st post of thead)

Comment

My Les Paul Studio is all mahogany (yes, even the carved top) and I've got the 85 in the bridge with the 81 in the neck. Sounds perfect.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                Thats my problem the 81 doesn't . (1st post of thead)
                Have you tried playing around with the distance between the pickup and the strings? Quick to do, try close to strings, far away from strings, and somewhere in the middle. You can also 'tilt' the pickup, ie have the treble side closer to the strings than the bass side. It's worth a try, and doesn't take long and won't hurt anything, and you might find a distance setting that sounds good to you. I was just doing that last night on my ESP Eclipse std VB with 60n/81b EMGs. The EMGs put out a lot of voltage, so you can get away with having them farther from strings and still sound good vs. trying that with passives.

Comment

I have an X50PROE with EMGs.
                  You should put the 85 in bridge and 81 in neck like the Washburn X50PROFE!
                  I had installed these pups in this guitar before they made that version . I did not know the pickups were reversed in that model.
                  Have you tried playing around with the distance between the pickup and the strings? Quick to do, try close to strings, far away from strings, and somewhere in the middle. You can also 'tilt' the pickup, ie have the treble side closer to the strings than the bass side. It's worth a try, and doesn't take long and won't hurt anything, and you might find a distance setting that sounds good to you. I was just doing that last night on my ESP Eclipse std VB with 60n/81b EMGs. The EMGs put out a lot of voltage, so you can get away with having them farther from strings and still sound good vs. trying that with passives.
                  I do like the way it sounds now, but the sound of both pickups I think I would like reversed. I also am looking for more highs at the neck. Easy swap with the wire clips

Comment

Working...
                  X