Is this really a US built B.C. Rich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this really a US built B.C. Rich?

Looks cool, I bought it regardless... http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Rich-Telecast...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know...but it is pretty damn cool either way. Another score for the consumate gear junky!!!

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

i think it's class axe era, so it's hard to say. there's others who'll know for sure, though.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

bc rich have never done a telecaster bodied guitar, usa standard or import.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ughh!!!
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I thought the outlaw series was an import.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              bc rich have never done a telecaster bodied guitar, usa standard or import.
              Wanna bet? They did the Meegs Rascon (guitar player from Coal Chamber) signature model. It has numbers for inlays. I believe they have done others, just not many.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ok, well, none i heard of anyway. i didn't play any bcr's til 1989 and was living in germany, so i wouldn't have seen any either. i was a bcr warlock fan at the time too.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Looks cool. I wonder if those tuners are the cheapie ones with the stamped metal covers though. Love that maple neck!

Comment

as toe mentioned, they've done teles before. actually, not too long ago either. i seem to recall that the us series are imports, but there's others that know this stuff wayyyyy better than i.
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i have never seen a bc rich with that headstock that was mad in usa that didnt say it directly on the headstock like a charvel...not saying they dont exist...but it looks like a gunslinger or st3 neck...and all those said "made in usa" in little letters...there are 2 reviews on hc and one says they think it is an import...so i dunno...definitely different for a rich thats for sure...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

The US Series was along the lines of the Rave Series and the Bronze series. I think you just set a new record..............

Comment

import, during class axe they ran the imports prior to owning the name & rights to the US models. so its somewhere in that time frame i dont know if they continued after Bernie Rico bought it back in 94. up until recently any series was import.

the first US ones with that headstock & script logo's didnt not say made in usa, it was also a different size. even some 3 on 3 headstocks with the script logo's. some from this era will have a gold handmade in USA sticker on the back of the headstock.
                          Last edited by j2379; 10-15-2006, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I just sold a USA bc rich with that neck ( mine was not an outlaw). As far as I know the outlaws are USA made. It will also should have a usa neck plate and probably dimarzios or seymour duncan pups. They are selling cheap though.

Comment

This Is an import of relatively Low quality from 1996 So has Nothing at all to do with Randy Waltuch's Class Axe company

USA neckplates mean absolutely nothing at all,as B.C.Rich put them on virtually every bolt on,to show the company was based in L.A.California

They have made USA Telecasters-I have a bolt on version on file on this computer,and I also have a undated B.C.Rich pricelist listing telecasters,Les Pauls,335's and explorers
                              http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X