Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found my brother's birthday/Christmas present today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my brother's birthday/Christmas present today...

My brother's birthday is a few days before Christmas, and back when we started Under Eden, I paid 50% down on a used Charvel 550XL as a present for him. Today, I saw something a little more unusual while at Music Go Round with a friend, and decided to put it on layaway for Little Brother:

Garbage picture from the MGR site, but it looks really nice in person. It's an MIK Samick Artist with bolt-on neck, 29 frets on rosewood, S/H pickup layout, their equivalent of a JT500 trem (satin chrome) and...hell, no idea what the body wood is. I bought it somewhat as a gag gift, because he mostly sticks to playing rhythm and has absolutely NO use for that many frets, but it's kind of cool in its own way. For $199, it seemed like the right thing to do! Played and sounded way better than any budget guitar has a right to. I'm tempted to keep it for myself, but I think he'll dig it.
    sigpic

that is pretty cool!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Maybe now he'll learn some solos
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Some of the more expensive old Samicks are actually way beyond decent. I´ve had two of the Samick "Valley Arts", and apart from the ridicuously cheap TRS-type Floyds they were solid players. Big comfortable necks and good craftmanship. That one looks cool, never seen one like it.

Comment

Let's hope your brother doesn't read the JCF

Pretty cool guitar, look how far back the 29 frets has pushed the neck single coil.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
          X