No announcement yet.

My New PRS... woohoo!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice John! I can't imagine what you had to give up to get that one from Joe. I was considering that one, but I just can't spend that kind of cash right now. I wish I never ot rid of my CUstom 22 with a 10 top and birds. PRS makes a great guitar.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

She's a beauty...nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
        Regarding the floyd - you'd be surprised how much whammy you can do with one if it's set up properly. I'd rate a floyd at 100, PRS at 80, fender strat at about 30%. Seriously, if you just do a dive bomb here and there you'll be able to get away with it.

Pete
        +1

I was a little scared of using my PRS because it was not locking but I used it at pratice and then a gig this week with my "80 band. I was amazed at how well it stays in tune if you can resist the big dive bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer84 View Post
          +1

I was a little scared of using my PRS because it was not locking but I used it at pratice and then a gig this week with my "80 band. I was amazed at how well it stays in tune if you can resist the big dive bomb.
          I am more of a trem/heavy vibrato player rather than a dive bomber. I use my bar to slur the notes.
          I haven't even put the bar in yet. I don't think it has ever been installed.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser View Post
            Very noice guitar, John!

I might have to git me one of them PRSesses.

Pete and JG, how do you like the tone of those guitars?
            Reminds me of a Les Paul but with more clarity and less low end mud. One thing I would look out for - I hate the 5 way switch PRS setup, I much prefer the way my 2001 is set up - has a 3 way toggle, and then a pull pot to split the coils. I switch pickup selections all the time, and the 5 way is just clunky to me. Just my opinion, some people really like it.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              I am more of a trem/heavy vibrato player rather than a dive bomber. I use my bar to slur the notes.
              I haven't even put the bar in yet. I don't think it has ever been installed.
              Then I bet your guitar would be perfect for you. Heck, my 2001 is set up to float, so I can even do 1 step pullups and it stays in tune well.

pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                Reminds me of a Les Paul but with more clarity and less low end mud. One thing I would look out for - I hate the 5 way switch PRS setup, I much prefer the way my 2001 is set up - has a 3 way toggle, and then a pull pot to split the coils. I switch pickup selections all the time, and the 5 way is just clunky to me. Just my opinion, some people really like it.

Pete
                I agree, the 5 position rotary sucks live. I prefer the 3 way toggle arrangement. This guitar won't be getting much live use anyway.
                I prefer to play beaters and mutts live.

Comment

awesome, & yes im one who likes the rotary better than the 3 way switch. im still looking to get an older PRS, but theyve gotten silly expensive. wish i never got rid of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                    awesome, & yes im one who likes the rotary better than the 3 way switch. im still looking to get an older PRS, but theyve gotten silly expensive. wish i never got rid of mine.
                    Why older? To be honest, I prefer my 2001 over the '91... the '91 has a slightly smaller neck heel and wasn't CNC'd (All PRS before '95 are considered more hand made than the later ones), but I like the thicker neck on the '01 over the W/T.

Pete

Comment

My 2005 is the best PRS I have ever owned or played. I am not convinced that older is better in regards to PRS.

Comment

New PRS rule...Congrats again John.

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Damn... double damn..

Comment

BTW, dont, I repeat DO NOT play a solid rosewood neck model. It will ruin you.....

LOL

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Gotta love that 513.
                              Shawn, what is your opinion of the 20th anniversary models?

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                                Gotta love that 513.
                                Shawn, what is your opinion of the 20th anniversary models?
                                You mean like your 20th? Hell, its gorgeous and CU24's are awesome. I think the HFS is a hell of a pickup. The only thing that makes it a 20th is the birds in flight pattern and the knobs. Me personally, I would have the Mcarty switching put in it.

They really hit it with those 20th birds. Just awesome!
                                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X