Hamer guitar...which model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer guitar...which model?

Hi all. I found this guitar on ebay and I'm interested about the model.
    If anybody knows something, please be sure to tell me

That's a Californian - not sure what model but it's definitely not an 'Elite'.....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

thx a lot

Comment

Definitely a Cali. Not sure if it's US or an import though.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
          Definitely a Cali. Not sure if it's US or an import though.
          I was thinking import at 1st but the headstock says USA and it also has trembuckers which were used on many of the USA Cali's.

Comment

Pretty sure that's a USA guitar through and thru....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I would go to the Hamerfanclub Forum. Those guys know Hamers.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Ahh, Hamer's take on the Rand design. They were nice guitars. I believe the one in question is in fact a US model.

Comment

Did the imports ever have the boomerang inlays? I thought only the US models had those. Dunno for sure. I remember wanting one back in the day. Hamer makes a great guitar.

Comment

It is a US Californian, and yes, it is an Elite, as the Standard Californian had dot inlays on rosewood fretboard. The Elite model had boomerangs on an ebony fretboard, another option was a solid figured maple body, which this guitar doesn't have. It is a nice guitar. To me, they're as great as Jacksons, in the early days Hamer was the one that built Gibson-style guitars while Jackson/Charvel made Fender-style guitars. Of course after some time both companies made Gibson-style and Fender style models.

Comment

Yep, a USA Elite, I use to have mint Black Cherry one with gold hardware, but sold it because the necks are very thin. Jack.

Comment

Yeah its a USA cali Elite. I had one that i miss. It had from what ive been told a one of a kind graphic. still not sure if it was original graphoic or not but the guitar was amaizing> It was one of those pawn shop finds that you hope to flip qquick but then get attached to cus its too cool.
                        I will find it again some day.
                        Gil

Comment

Alright, I have an Import Cali with boomerangs AND binding. From what I've read, that's not possible. Help?
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Fix_Metal View Post
                            Hi all. I found this guitar on ebay and I'm interested about the model.
                            If anybody knows something, please be sure to tell me

http://cgi.ebay.it/Hamer-custom-made...ayphotohosting
                            Sure it's not a Hamer Diablo? Saw an add of someone selling a Diablo once and it reminded me of that one.. Could be wrong of course
                            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I had an import with boomerangs and binding too...I returned it, because it had the WORST fret job I've ever seen. I'm sure I just got a dud, but I didn't feel like taking another chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X