Hamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer

Well picked this up from Craigs list for $120. Great shape, just has a very little pit on one fret, and the pickup selector might need to be replaced, as when you have it on bridge it sometimes bounces back to the middle position.

Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.

nice one! that's a great price
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice score. Those imports can usually use some upgraded electronics and a pickup swap. Otherwise, pretty solid guitars.

Comment

Funny thing is these usually sell between 150 and 225 on ebay, and what a shame too. Tone wise, setup wise and playability are alot better then most gibsons i have purchased. The neck is nice and thin but not super thin, finish is great, just an all around great guitar. The only slight improvements after you buy would be upgraded electronics like said, and maybe a bone nut or some kind of nut replacement eventually.

Trust me, after playing this guitar for awhile, i am thinking of selling some of my gibsons!

Comment

Thats what I did with my prs santana se. I sold it because I liked the korean Hamer better. Nice guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
            Thats what I did with my prs santana se. I sold it because I liked the korean Hamer better. Nice guitars.
            Actually, I think it's really cool that you can get so much guitar today, for so little money. I've played some at music stores, that were for demoing fx units, that have really impressed me for under 250! One Samick in particular really floored me... I was astonished that it was a low price import.

It's almost been like Moore's Law for computing has been working overtime on electrics as well.

Comment

I will never truley sell all my gibsons, there are some that are just great. However these hamer guitars just smoke gibsons low end. I only wish they made the xplorer and V shaped ones in mahogany, for some reason thye just seem to use alder on these models.

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post

Comment

I have owned tons of Hamers, USA and Import and the Korean inports are a great bang for the buck, and I use to buy them in mint conditon with cases used for $125-200 depending on the model Jack.

Comment

Working...
                X