SG faded series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG faded series

Does anyone know how many years they offered the faded SGs with the cresent moon inlays?I picked up a 2002 faded SG in the cherry finish with the moons and ebony board.490R and 490T pickups.Very cool guitar.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I think it was roughly one year all together, straddling two calendar years. I had the faded V with crescents and ebony board - I really regret letting that one go. Does the SG have 498T bridge pickup? I swear mine had 500T in em.

Comment

crescent moon Faded were made of Gothic series leftovers, right after Gothic series were discontinued
      Because I don't say it
      Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
        crescent moon Faded were made of Gothic series leftovers, right after Gothic series were discontinued
        I thought the Gothic series only had a crescent moon inlay on the 12th fret while the Faded series had them on the lower frets up to the 12th.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

this is true.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

The V had the 498 and 500T the SG had 490R and 490T.That info comes from a Gibson guru and heavy hitter in the Gibson collector market.He told me 1 year spanning 2 model years confirming what slash-ed said.He did tell me these are VERY collectible.The Vs will bring $675.00 to $750.00 the SGs $650 to $700.00 in mint condition with gig bag.Cool.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hmm. That sounds right about what I got for mine. I think the collectibility thing don't mean a whole lot tho - the faded series is/was somewhat regarded as the "pariah" of the Gibson line. Although in reality I reckon they're pretty sweet value for money.

Ahh, I see - I remember now why I bought the V instead of another Faded, it was the only one which had the same pickups as the Std version.

Comment

The SGs have 490R/490T, the Vs have 496R/500T. BTW, music123 is blowing these faded Gibsons out - $486 for the V!
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                X