No announcement yet.

Who irrationally hates 21 fret guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who irrationally hates 21 fret guitars?

By irrational, I mean would never buy one, no matter how nice it is or how good a deal it is, even though you hardly ever go for that high d on a 22 fret?????

Oh and I do, I was watching a yngvie vid and he was up on the neck, I noticed it was a 21 fret and freaked out.

Maybe it's not irrational??

Who hates people that don't know how to post in the right section?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ha Ha, thats why soccer sucks (I played in high school)Sorry man, although if I wanted to be a jailhouse lawyer I could point out that I was inspired by this thread:

But that thread reminded me of being annoyed at Fender for making the Mex Teles (Good deals)21 fret instead of 22, so I should have put it here, no doubt.

Comment

I hate 21 fret guitars because they are usually bolt on and don't sustain as well as a neck thru.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I probably wouldn't buy a 21-fret guitar.
            22 is acceptable

Comment

Yeah some people just don't know how to set up a bolt-on to have as much sustain as a neckthrough, even though the 0.0005ms difference is completely inaudible to everyone except an oscilloscope

And why stop at 21 frets anyway? Because you have exactly 22 notes on each string counting the open (and not counting the various harmonics), and 22 frets gives you 23 notes? Did Leo have 23-phobia?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I do
                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I don't irrationally hate 21 fret guitars. My hatred is entirely rational.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Ron Your Slipping: It's Yngwie

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
                    I was watching a (yngvie) vid
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
                      Your Slipping
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        I don't irrationally hate 21 fret guitars. My hatred is entirely rational.
                        +1

Comment

I'll take it a step further. I've been ridding my collection of 22 fretters, to the point that I only have 1 of 'em left! It's 24 frets or bust for me!

Comment

anything less than 47.92 frets is worthless
                            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

as a lead guitarist & shredder, I only play 256th notes above the 20th fret. So I MUST have at least 24 frets on my guitar.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X