Ltd DV8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltd DV8

Still crazy for a Flying V.. Not to crazy on MegaDave's moodswings/ego/whatever the hell it is, but big fan of Megadeth, at least up till Friedman parted.. Rust In Piece is one of my all time favorite thrash/speed metal albums.

Anyway, I caught myself looking at a Ltd DV8 today.. And I started wondering, are they any good for the money? Seymour Duncans, 25 1/2" scale, neckthru.. Sounds decent..
    There's just no way I'll be able to afford a Jackson King V or a good Gibby, the alternative I guess is a faded Gibson flying V and they don't look half as good as the DV8 IMO..
    Not a big fan of ESP guitars.. I don't think I would ever choose an ESP over a Jackson, cause they seem to me to be copying way to much from them..
    But, I'd be hard pressed to find a Jackson V at a price matching the DV8.. And it IS neckthru, which is very cool..

So.. Anyone here tried 'em? Should I go for it?

Thanks in advance..
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

kevin bond sig ?

Comment

A Kevin Bond sig is as cheap/cheaper than a DV8??
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

KBRR all the way
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a DV8R and I have to say it's a very good guitar for the money. Its fairly light for an all mahogany construction, but sounds really warm when plugged in. I haven't had much experience with the KB Rhoads aside from playing it a bit at Sam Ass, but I do know that the KB is about 200 or so more than the DV8R.

Comment

The Kevin Bond Rhoads or Gibson Faded V would be my choice. The DV8 just looks too big and clunky, IMO.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have both the KBRR and a DV8R.
              I´m diggin the Iommi pup in the RR because it sounds so different than my other pups, extremly aggresive. However the Duncans in the DV8 (59 and jazz) sounds extremly good and are more versatile IMO.

It´s pretty much up to what you´re after.
              Even though I love Jacksons the DV8R is a very good guitar for the money no matter what!!! I have an ESP DV8 too and the LTD is NOT just a cheap knock off.
              It has great specs and great build quality.

Comment

The KBRR is more expensive than the DV8R

Comment

I got this LTD V350, which has the same dimensions as the DV8. It's definitely an extremely comfortable guitar, perfect balance. It is pretty big, but it's still easy to move around with. This one is mahogany, pretty heavy.. don't know if the DV8 is heavy.

Personally I don't care for the 8ball inlay, string-trough and pickguard, but quality wise these are very nice guitars.. so I'd day go for it.
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                    This one is mahogany, pretty heavy.. don't know if the DV8 is heavy.
                    I´d say the DV8 is light, a tad heavier than the KB, after all it´s bigger, but still very light.

I didn´t like the pickguard at first, but now I think the guitar looks naked without it, maybe because of the size. The guitar is rearloaded so you can remove the pickguard with an ok result (3 screwholes visible) if you´d like.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      The DV8 just looks too big and clunky, IMO.
                      Isn't the DV8 about the same size as the Big Red?
                      -Janne

Comment

Working...
                      X