Michael Kelly Patriot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Kelly Patriot

I keep bringing these up I know, but this one looks so good.

Yeah, I it's Korean (not a bad thing), but according to the description, has abony board, maple top (not veneer). tone pros bridge, grover tuners, abalone inlays. I really want to give one of these a whirl.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I just got a Michael Kelly Duce Phoenix about a month ago, I'm real happy with the quality so far.
    Certainly kicks the snot out of Epiphone.

Comment

I played one for a minute at sam ash a while ago. not bad at all. I am more into the Valor model.

Comment

their customer service sucked though, I emailed about a couple of things, two days later I got a reply back that my wife could've given me more information.

Comment

My friend clyde had a few of those a couple of years ago. They were really beautiful looking and playing guitars. They didn't feel or sound as substantial as a nice Gibson but were extremely nice, especially for the money. I think he paid like $275 each for 3 of them new.

I think he got rid of them because he was a Gibson guy, and while they weren't as nice as his Gibsons they were too close for comfort for $275 guitars. I see they're going for more now. Certainly worth it.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had the Patriot Shadow. Very nice looking guitar, but I had to file the nut slots deeper as the strings were high off the fretboard. Pickups were extremely weak, both in output and sound. Paid $325 and was lucky to get $250 on ebay for it.

Better than the Korean epiphones, but the Korean Brian Moore i2 blows the Michael Kelly away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              has a bony board,
              That doesn't sound too comfortable! :ROTF:
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                That doesn't sound too comfortable! :ROTF:

LOL, so much for proofreading eh?
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                X