Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Mockingbird ID

Hey guys

Gonna pick this up, just wondering if anyone can verify wht on earth it is exactly?

Honey coloured BC Rich mockingbird. I bought this second hand, on a whim. Never played it myself, infact only tuned it once and put it down. My bogan flatmate h...

Any help is appreciated! Cheers.

Wow! This is definitely a strange one! I would imagine it's a custom order. I've never personally seen one with a set neck construction as this one is. It looks to be consistent though. I would rule out being a fake. Does it have a serial? and if so..what is it? If nothing else, it could provide a manufacture year possibly.
    I couldn't say if it is definitely a US custom, but rather an overseas (not for import) model. Very cool nonetheless!!

Sanctuary or Lorne can help shed some light on it also. I imagine one or both of them will chime in here shortly.

Comment

Thanks dude! No serial or identifying marks. I've been looking into the Japan only BCs, some seem to have set in necks, but haven't been able to find one that's specced exactly like that either.

Comment

Mayday, calling BC Rich experts!

Comment

According to Lorne, looks like an older JE (Japan Edition) mock.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I figured as much from my research, but still having trouble pinning down the model name. Seems to be between the 920JE and 1000JE in terms of spec.

Of all times for the BC Rich forums to be down... any one know what the reason for that is?

Comment

Because they suck. They fired their forum admin from what I understand.
              Last edited by Sanctuary; 12-02-2006, 08:16 PM.
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Ouchies. Any more clues on the Mockingbird, BC Rich expert

Comment

if it is real? its not US made. i dont remember very many BCR set necks even imports, tho i dont know much about post 90's. thats also a very odd control route for BCR. how much was it?

Comment

About $270USD for you guys. I've looked around, set-necks seem to be quite a normal spec bridging the bolt-on and neck thru models for the Japan Edition models. Yeah, the route looks a bit big.

I dunno, it seems like it could be real to me, can anyone attest to it being fake? I'm going to pay for it soon, if you guys have any info please spill!

I found some similiar but not exactly matching models here

Comment

As Lorne said, it's an early Japan Edition. Nailing it down is going to be difficult since those are Japanese-only guitars and none of us have the full history on them. If you ever see a set neck on a BCR then it's either an EARLY NJ or a JE. It's a good score, but what's the bet you're just going to turn it for a profit once you've found out all about it?

Comment

Hmmm.. well not right away :P I sold my Korean NJ Mockingbird early this year after having it as one of my main guitars for 5 years, I've been looking for another one since, and this one looks like it could be a pretty sweet player.

Besides, I'm usually keen to know as much as I can about my guitars, I don't see how any one could be otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                          If you ever see a set neck on a BCR then it's either an EARLY NJ or a JE.
                          Not to forget the Warlock Deluxe, either.

Comment

i was unaware early NJs too?

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                              i was unaware early NJs too?
                              Yep, we've seen a couple of examples of the Rico headstock on Seagull IIs with large set-neck joints. Yes, you read that right: Seagull II (an already rare guitar). They've even popped up on ebay although not recently.
                              Last edited by Sanctuary; 12-03-2006, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X