20th Anniversary Ibanez RG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20th Anniversary Ibanez RG's

Ibanez is going to release a 20th Anniversary RG in three different colors. Two will have rosewood boards and yes... the other one is going to have a maple board! The colors haven't been leaked yet, but I'm guessing neon yellow, neon green, and roadflare red. There will only be 1,987 produced worldwide. So, if you want one, go see your local dealer!

Oh yeah, nothing yet on the 20th Anniversary Jem. There will probably be nothing leaked at all on this one.

Wow great news! 1987 was a big big year for Ibanez. Wishing them the best for this 20th Anniversary RG version. Limited edition so gonna be pricey! Get out your credit cards!!!

Comment

Me want one! This is gonna hurt the ole' wallet for sure!
      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

It looks like street price on these will be about a grand, not bad!

Comment

Oh yeah, I left out some important info.
          These will be MIJ and have the prestige necks. And, I heard something about new trems for '07 but I have no further info. on that.
          And, each will come with a matching color hardshell case.

Comment

aren't you supposed to wait until the vintage model you are paying tribute to actually costs more than your new reissue?

Comment

Originally posted by BTB007 View Post
              Oh yeah, I left out some important info.
              These will be MIJ and have the prestige necks. And, I heard something about new trems for '07 but I have no further info. on that.
              And, each will come with a matching color hardshell case.
              Sweet! Would be nice if these came with the Lo-Pro's but I can deal with the Edge Pro's though. Man, I can't wait. Thanks for the info man.
              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Cool, I was playing my 570 last night.
                There's been a lot of licks logged on that sucker.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by L View Post
                  aren't you supposed to wait until the vintage model you are paying tribute to actually costs more than your new reissue?
                  that would be true for a "vintage reissue", but considering this is an anniversary model that line of thought is invalid.

love them or hate them, ibanez had a HUGE year in 1987 with the jem and the RG550, 560, 570. those guitars were in the hand of every shredder. jackson was still mostly being played by LA glam guys.....

hoshino wants to celebrate the year their guitars became huge!!!!

i think it will cool if they do a neon green 550 with a maple board!!!! can't wait to see these!!!!!
                  Last edited by markD; 12-05-2006, 04:04 PM.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L View Post
                    +1 At first, I was thinking "cool, they're re-issuing the original crazy colors". But now I read there are only going to be 1987 made, so I'm assuming the prices will be ridiculous. Which is stupid considering you can pick up originals for $400-500 all day. JMO of course!
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I can't wait to see these, and I really can't wait to see the 20th anniversary Jem.

Comment

Street price of around $1,000 is not that bad for a limited anniversary model. And, it looks like one of the colors is going to be black. And, I think two will have maple boards and one will have rosewood.

Comment

Yeah, reading through this again I think I read it the wrong way. I was looking at them as "reissues" but they will be anniversary models, which is different. $1000 ain't bad I suppose, will have to see what colors, hardware, etc., will be on them. I would love a DY 550 with the AANJ, a low-profile trem, and decent pickups.
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Hmm. Once I see pictures, I may have to get one

Comment

I thinks it's great that Ibanez is doing an anniversary RG but I am happy with my '91 RG570 that costs me $175 and I can't really see paying a grand to have a limited edition. Still, very cool though. Great guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X