Question About Kramers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Kramers

I'd figure I'd first here to see if anyone knows. I was looking at a Kramer at a local shop for about $500. I know its a Music-Yo Kramer as it has 2 Quad Rail pickups. However its a neck through body. Like wise it has a a Firenird-like reverse headstock, with Gotoh tuners. It has what appears to be the Floyd Rose copy you fidn on current music-yo Kramers. Its router H-H, It just has 1 volume pot and 1 tone put, with a Gibson style 3 way switch. Its all black, with 22 frets. Anyone here know about it?

If its anything like this one from ebay, $500 is way too much:

or this one (which was BIN @ $400):

In the past I've seen these for $250-$300. Most people complain about the sound of these pickups.

Comment

Thanks. Odd. The pickups were really awesome sounding. Output wise on an overdrive channel they were equal to EMGs. Also the difference was its a Firebird like reverse head. It also has black "speed-style" knobs. Hmm. Anyone know of a good Kramer board I could post my question on?

Comment

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't pay $500 for a Yo, but that's just me. You can snag a vintage Kramer for the same price and have a much nicer axe IMO.

Hey MountainDog, I just noticed your locale is Simi Valley. I was born there
          - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            Thanks. Odd. The pickups were really awesome sounding. Output wise on an overdrive channel they were equal to EMGs.
            I think those pups are pretty smooth sounding, have a decent amount of gain, but they're not quite equal to EMGs. I've got their Explorer model (Imperial) and I dig it a lot, the licensed Floyd looks exactly like a Schaller, stays in tune great, and I only paid $169 for it on www.musicyo.com.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I think those pups are pretty smooth sounding, have a decent amount of gain, but they're not quite equal to EMGs. I've got their Explorer model (Imperial) and I dig it a lot, the licensed Floyd looks exactly like a Schaller, stays in tune great, and I only paid $169 for it on www.musicyo.com.
              I was actually looking to buy a MusicYo for the pickups. Too bad you cant get the Imperial as of now, I was really ready to buy on. I was looking at a Vanguard FR or Striker FR. And if I don't liek the guitar I can always put the pickups in something else

Comment

Hmm, they must have just sold out of the Imperials recently. Damn! They used to sell the pickups separately, too.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah they ran out. I want one bad too. That price can't be beat. As soon as they get 'em back in stock, I'm getting one.
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                    Yeah they ran out. I want one bad too. That price can't be beat. As soon as they get 'em back in stock, I'm getting one.
                    Indeed. Can't be worse than that Hondo exploer

Comment

As a follow up, I'm also positive this is some kind of Music-Yo era Beretta variant. Now heres hoping I can make a good offer

Comment

They called that guitar a Baretta as well (don't know why), but they were retailing new in places like Mars (RIP) for right around $400.

Comment

that was the first kramer the gibson brought out. i believe it is pre-music yo. they were for sale at MARS, and i saw some at sam's club once....

i'd pass on it....
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I would much rather get a used MusicYo Baretta of the Explorer headstock, 24-fret variety, which you can get on Ebay for $200-$250 pretty easily. That would be much nicer to have than that fugly thing with the shitty headstock.

But if YOU like it, go for it!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Here is one that I sold a few years ago. I think that I sold it for around $300-$400 with case.

Comment

Working...
                              X