Edwards-My Trad. Model Fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwards-My Trad. Model Fix?

I have played a few of these that friends have bought off of ebay or ordered from Japan, and I have to admit that I am very impressed with the feel and tone.

Not owning a Les Paul, a Tele, or an Explorer-I'm thinking about ordering all three, plus a J-bass from a dealer in Japan.

Has anyone had an Edwards for an extended period of time? Also, does anyone know what Japanese factory builds them?

The Les Paul copies I have played are incredible-closer to actual Gibsons and available at Epiphone prices.

Im on my 3rd. Ive got a Edwards Jimmy Page replica thats my main player...... Incredible Bang for the Buck....
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I agree incredible bang for the buck. I have had mine for about year 1 an 1/2 . The only thing that has given me problems is the switch and the input jack like to loosen up.No other problems at all.

They are built by ESP for the Japanese market only.I think Gibson would be in trouble if they were sold in states.
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Perfect timing, I was just about to start a thread asking about Edwards. I've seen a few of their items on the bay and they look like quality pieces for good prices (even w/ $115 shipping). Any other feedback from those that have experience with Edwards stuff would be appreciated by my too.
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by Model 88 View Post
          They are built by ESP for the Japanese market only.I think Gibson would be in trouble if they were sold in states.
          I´m not familiar enough with these to know if they´re really close to the originals or not, but I´m guessing ESP/Edwards could be the company in trouble if they put them out on the american market.

Comment

I curious about them too...
            What are the neck profiles like?
            Do they vary a lot?
            If not, what are they comparable to, Gibson 50's, 60's, Jackson, Ibanez necks, etc.?

Comment

ok, to many questions at once?

Sorry

Comment

I can only speak about the LP copies. My first 2 were HUGE necks, much like the 57 style, even a little bigger.... My current Page Replica has a much more managable profile. Its thicker than the current 60's profile but smaller than the 50's profile that currently comes on New standards...... and weighs 8 lbs...

Originally posted by SDLPLTD View Post
                ok, to many questions at once?

Sorry
                Last edited by toddstaples; 12-15-2006, 02:39 PM.
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Thanks, nice looking guitar

Comment

i want one of those purple satin fuckers.

Comment

I've had my Edwards Les Paul Custom for over a year now. Wonderful guitar in all aspects, minus the loose output jack as mentioned before and plastic inlays if you're picky. I don't care. A jack can be tightened up and plastic inlays are easy to overlook.

Comment

Nice LP clones. The ones I have played have really blown me away. I don't know if I am going to order now or wait until this time next year when I may be in Japan anyway.

Comment

I got the Edwards John Sykes LPC not too long ago.
                          Very well made guitar.Here's a site for those that are into the MIJ replicas.
                          It's a new site that's trying to get going to help each other learn more about the MIJ guitars.

You can see my full review and pics here:

Scroll down a bit.

And the sites not just about talking about Gibson and Fender replicas.
                          Come on over and talk about your MIJ Jackson, Charvel, ESP, Ibanez as well.

I got my Edwards through the Ishibashi webstore .

Just go to the "In English" tab.
                          Email them what your looking for.
                          They'll email you back if they have it, the price, and how
                          to finish the ordering process.
                          Very quick, and easy to deal with.

Here's a few pics.
                          the rest and more thorough pics are in the review link above.

As for where built.
                          my understanding is the Edwards are built right along side the ESP Standard series.
                          Just that the Edwards are all done on the production line.
                          Where as the ESP standard series final inspection and setup is done by another group.
                          Customshop maybe?

Also, check out www.espguitars.co.jp
                          A lot more choices of ESPs than we get here.
                          And more correct specs.
                          Example is the Alexi V type guitar.
                          If you look on the Japan site vs the USA site.
                          the Japan version is more correct to a RR.
                          USA market version has a longer bottom wing.
                          Last edited by k65h; 01-01-2007, 07:08 PM.
                          4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Everyone I know that has owned an Edwards is happy with them. Edwards are made for the Japanese market, made in the same factory that the ESP Standard Series is, but just a bit less quality. I would have to agree with the one I've played, they're some of the best axes out there for that amount of money.
                            "There is no Beast, without cruelty."

Comment

Working...
                            X