Wanna see something nasty? UPS damage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a new slogan for them-'When your Brown you frown'
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
      Yeah Dave, it's the Hamer V. Don't fret - I look forward to trying to repair it. Any suggestions for a refin, and save yourself the breath if you're gonna say "pink".
      Do it classic white. It'll look bitching.

Comment

I cannot write the words I am thinking at this moment-there might be kids reading
        http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
          Yeah Dave, it's the Hamer V. Don't fret - I look forward to trying to repair it. Any suggestions for a refin, and save yourself the breath if you're gonna say "pink".
          You'd be surprised how good pink looks on a V! And I know Dave will agree.

Comment

That really stinks.
            I dont ship anything this time of year.
            Wait till after the holidays.

Comment

That blows. I guess I'm a little lucky since my UPS guy is a guitarist also and knows how fragile these things are. I know that can't keep someone up the chain screwing it up, but at least part of the trip is fairly safe.
              My gear
              87 Charvel Model 6
              86 Charvel Model 4
              93 Jackson RR EX
              93 Jackson Kelly STD
              88 Ibanez RG560
              99 Schecter Diamond C-7
              Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

that really blows

Comment

I am convinced they have animals working in their warehouse.
                  I know the dude that comes by my place drags his knuckles on the ground while walking.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Are you going to file a damage claim with UPS? The only downside to this is you give the guitar BACK to UPS for them to possibly do more damage or possibly "lose" the guitar. Be careful and take many pictures to make sure they don't do further damage once it's in their possession.

Comment

Keep all the packing material, that's one of the things their investigators will want to look at. And you'll have to stay on the seller's ass. The seller was getting the run around with UPS, so he paid me out of his pocket while waiting for the outcome.

Comment

The problem I have noticed with UPS/Fed EX is if they offer you cash, they generally don't let you get to keep the guitar, which to me sucks if you want to do the repairs yourself, but just get compensated for the damages "they did".

One time Fed Ex let me keep the guitar, but it got shipped BACK to the seller even though he and I both requested they send it back to me (So I wouldn't have to pay or the seller have to pay for shipping charges again). I did get a check for $100 which was all the would pay for a cracked neck...

Comment

It's not going anywhere and I'm not starting a claim. I will fix the neck, strip the guitar and have it refinished in a Schenker style. I'll hang on to the guitar until my singer knocks the headstock off with his mic stand. lol

I bought this to refinish and have fun with. While the damage is a drag, the neck is incredible on this thing and I know that it will play and sound like a champ when it's repaired.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

good luck with it! still sucks though. dont forget to show us some pics when it is done.

Comment

I really really didn't want to read this thread, but like a car crash, had to have a peep. My sympathies mate, it's a choker, even though you appear to be taking it well!
                              Like Firebird says, show us the pics, maybe of the work in progress too?
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

First thing I'd repair are those rear-loaded Floyd bolts. That doesn't help the stability of a neck at all, and you'll find many Jacksons with that setup have been broken.

Those who remember Chuckracer know how well he packed guitars, and the Soloist I got from him (J0419) had those rear-loaded bolts. Sure enough, the head split right there.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X