Showmaster has landed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showmaster has landed

Actually, my Showmaster landed some time ago, but my camera went to Hell, so I had to wait 'til we got another one. Without further ado, here she is:

I am always on the lookout for 24 fret Strathead guitars - especially when they're Made in USA, so I was happy to nab this Showmaster. It's a Highway 1 model from a few years back. When I got it, it had a matte black finish that I didn't care for, so I stripped her down and finished her with gunstock oil. I'd been wanting to try that for awhile, and I think it turned out pretty decent. I love the lean & mean vibe that this guitar has, and I love the features, too: OFR, EMGs, contoured neck heel, etc. The knot in the wood was a surprise, but I'm calling it a jumbo birdseye.

I like it.How did you apply the oil?...
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

That looks damn good!!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Very nice. I like the natural finish. I'd replace those black knobs with chrome ones, though. Other than that, it's a beauty.
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

That is kinda cool. Thanks for sharing.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Nice guitar. Congrats.

I thought those ones were imports, though?

Comment

it looks quite good but i would have done the headstock to match the finish...looks too bright

Comment

Thanks, guys. Believe it or not, I applied the gunstock oil with my finger! That's how the instructions said to do it. Replacing the knobs with chrome is a good idea, now that you mention it. I think I may even have some in my parts box. Hmm.

Comment

Finger is how I treat newer necks as well. I know that some recomend a leather strap, but I have found that you can do a fine job without it.
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                    X