Ibanez SZ Best $200 I ever spent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez SZ Best $200 I ever spent

So I won this auction, and let me just say it is the best $200 I ever spent, the guitar just plays great, the duncan/Ibanez pickups sound great and the action is nice and low and the neck is very comfortible.

I've tried a couple of the SZ's and I really like 'em too..I prefer the 320 to the 5-something, because I don't care much for the inlays, and I don't need the flamed top..But they're GREAT players, nice and heavy wood in 'em and the gibraltar-bridge is very comfortable..Hell, I think I have to start looking for one again!!
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

I have come close to buying the Limited purple ones that are down to $300 new. nice guitars, but I want the quilting but hate the lack of inlays.

Comment

I like these.
        I thought Marty Friedman was using one of these and recently came up with his own version.

Comment

I agree, i dont like that weird inlay they have on the 520's and 720's, I prefer plan or dots or something else.

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
          I've tried a couple of the SZ's and I really like 'em too..I prefer the 320 to the 5-something, because I don't care much for the inlays, and I don't need the flamed top..But they're GREAT players, nice and heavy wood in 'em and the gibraltar-bridge is very comfortable..Hell, I think I have to start looking for one again!!

Comment

I played a nice glossy black one the other day. Very comfy. Didn't get to plug it in though. How's the pups on these things? Nice and bright?
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
              I played a nice glossy black one the other day. Very comfy. Didn't get to plug it in though. How's the pups on these things? Nice and bright?
              I thought they were fairly bright, but it's a heavy guitar, almost LP-like if my memory serves me right..So it'll propably sound GREAT with a JB+JAZZ-set in there!!
              My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

The 320 series appeals to me also. The black ones look very good. Jack.

Comment

Bright with alots of harmonics, I was really impressed to the point I probaly will not be removing them.

Comment

Not as heavy as a les, I would say 7 to 8Lbs at the most, probaly more along the line of 7LBS.

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                    I thought they were fairly bright, but it's a heavy guitar, almost LP-like if my memory serves me right..So it'll propably sound GREAT with a JB+JAZZ-set in there!!

Comment

Yes very comfortible, nicely balenced, good sustain and i am not constantly hitting the pickup selector when playing like i do with my pauls.

Comment

Working...
                      X