cort guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cort guitars?

anyone heard of them, they dont seem to be so popular here in north america but in europe and asia they're famous. whats the deal with them?
    they seem to have some nice guitars.. they also have some guitars with sharkfin inlays.. isnt that a "jackson" thing?
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

I always viewed Cort as a beginners guitar and did actually have one out of a Sears catalog when I was a kid. I view them the same as the likes of Hondo or First Act and the likes......
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I had a Cort CL-1500 (with the vine inlay).. I didn't liked it, the bridge inserts holes were crooked and the guitar itself felt/sounded very cheap.
      I think you can do better budget wise.

Comment

They have loads of them in some of the shops near me. I've always looked at them as copies and beginner axes. I would think you could do better with your money as the ones I've played were nothing special at all.

Comment

Definitely a cheap beginner guitar...like a Hondo. My first electric guitar was a Cort.....white with black EVH stripes.

Comment

Odd. I played a very nice Cort PRS copy. Set neck, a very nice vintage trem. Transparent natural finish. Simple dot inlays IIRC. It was loaded with a DiMarzio Evo at the bridge and a Seymour Duncan '59 at the neck. Sounded and played very nice. Likewise the Cort strat copy I played the same felt worse than Squier. I guess the nicer ones are good, while the cheap ones are dogs.

Comment

a friend has quite a nice Cort acoustic. It has all the fancy body inlay work, solid top, sounds nice too. It's not the entry level model though, but it's a nice playing, nice sounding guitar. And at a fraction of the cost of a plain jane, entry level Taylor or Martin
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Cort make a wide range of guitars under their own name and actually a whole lot more for other brands...

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cort_Guitars

"Cort Guitars is a guitar manufacturer centered in South Korea. They are one of the largest guitar makers in the world, and produce instruments for many other companies."

Comment

to sum it up...JUNK!:ROTF:

Comment

Well, I checked a few out at NAMM...IMO they have improved in recent years.

This thread is a trip down memory lane for me...one of my first guitars was a white Cort Effector (Explorer style) - it had the 8 buttons right on the guitar which turned on different onboard effects - I thought that was the KOOLest thing ha ha! I painted a home-made blood drip on that axe cuz I was really into WASP back then heh heh
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I am currently selling a cort sterling on ebay that i have had since the early to mid 90's.

Nice guitar, teardrop style headstock, either ash or alder body with trans top.

Anyway enough about mine, basicaly cort has been around since the 70's I think i read somewhere, you goto there website they have a forum and everything. Not bad guitars like people said for beginners.

Comment

As far as I know, Cort makes the Ibanez SZ 320/520/720 guitars which are great. Also, as far as I know, Carvin uses them to make their Cobalt acoustic line. So it seems Cort is capable of making some good guitars.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Cort has their enty level guitars like most guitar companies that are crap but they do make good ones too...

As Robotech said...I have had a few dealers tell me Cort makes the Ibanez stuff too.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

According to the wiki article Cort also makes guitars for Squier, Schecter, Tribute by G&L, and Avalon in Korea.

Comment

Ahh... Cort was also my first electric guitar...a POS strat copy that I bought 3rd hand from a friend for $50.

Compliments of the 1st friend that bought it new, it had a snapped trussrod and resulting way high action, and a cheap humbucker pickup that was finessed into the bridge position single with what looked a screwdriver! Also, all switches and knobs were bypassed and humbucker was directly connected to the output jack. Oh, did I mention it never stayed in tune!

As a hunk o junk it was, I played the crap outta it, and actually replaced the pickup with a J-90C I got from another friend. I ended up giving it away to that 1st friend as he quit guitar for several years and later wanted to get back into playing.
                              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                              X