jackson head stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson head stock

alright my brother has a memphis guitar with a jackson head stock. from what i collected you guys know everything about jackson and anything to do with it.
    first any info on these guitars?
    second he loves the neck of this "thing", what do you think it'll fit on, i want to get him a better body because it's made out of compressed wood, plywood i guess.
    its twenty one frets, and strat shaped, orginally came with a hum-sing-sing set up he converted it to a hum-hum set up
    this is general jackson talk right?
    in case you wondering he doesn't want to let me take of the neck so i can't get a butt measurment
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

You can measure the butt of the neck without taking the neck off.

Comment

measure the front if the fingerboard
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Maybe a stupid question, but if he won't let you take the neck off the old body, how are you going to get it on the new body?
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I was wondering that myself.Why do people freak when you say something about taking the neck off?
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

well not that he doesn't want to take it off, he just want me to touch it....... he loves this thing don't worry about it, not stupid i'd ask the same thing

does anyone know anything about it

Comment

OK I wont.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                well not that he doesn't want to take it off, he just want me to touch it....... he loves this thing don't worry about it, not stupid i'd ask the same thing

does anyone know anything about it
                Well, if he loves it that much, why mess with it? He would probably enjoy the better quality body you want to replace the existing one with, but why even bother? Especially if he doesn't want you to touch it.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Have you looked around the internet for info on Memphis guitars? Besides here?

Everyone and thei rmother was copying Jackson in the 80s - ESPee, Ibenhad, Peavey, Carvin, even Fender and Gibson - not to mention Hondo, Arbor, Westone, etc.

Somewhere in there was a Japanese factory churning out several brands - including Memphis.

If he loves it that much, leave the neck on the body, because the chances are pretty high that the only body the neck will fit on is a Memphis body.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    If he loves it that much, leave the neck on the body, because the chances are pretty high that the only body the neck will fit on is a Memphis body.
                    Possibly, but I can make a body that will fit the neck

Comment

hmm i wonder.....

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Have you looked around the internet for info on Memphis guitars? Besides here?
                        yes i have and i came to no answer, and he tried too, and came to answer too........ and this is where Ron or somebody comes and gives me a link to the memphis web site.............

Comment

Working...
                        X