strat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strat question

for a while i wanted to part together an american strat,but havent got to it,so im thinking of trying a charvel strat instead,which one is best to get the fender feel and sound if i threw in good fender pups?s/s/s or h/s/s and price doesnt matter

Charvel necks are considerably different than Fender necks, so you won't get the "Fender Feel", and there weren't many Charvels made for S-S-S, so if you really want the Fender thing, you'd be better off with a Fender.

Of course if you're looking for a vintage USA Charvel Strathead, good luck on that one
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Whats wrong with the Jackson J-100 singles?
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Try an import model 1. Pretty much a strat aside from the pointy headstock.

Comment

Yeah, model 1A has s-s-s but it has a flatter radius and a thinner profile. Buy a YJM!
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

If you want the feel and sound of a Fender, and price is no object, then get a Fender. That's what I did. I've got a Model 6 with two Jackson singles and with the mid-boost rolled off they get a pretty good "Strat-y" sound. But now that I have an actual Strat (first an SRV now a YJM), there is no substitute. I you want the Fender sound (and feel), get a Fender.

And +1 on the YJM, jcm800!
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
            X