Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musicman guitars

Hey dudes'n'dudettes..
    Played a Silhouette yesterday. H/S/H pickup config, white body and pickguard, Floyd Rose (Licenced, better than nothing tho), maple neck/fingerboard (I think? not sure which is what here, I'm not too good in English.. Anyway it had the kind of light neck often associated with Fender strats)..
    Damn man, I was blown away! Played like a dream, made me think of Vinnie Moore I'm really GASing for a Floyd Rose equipped guitar again.. I'm shamelessly addicted to them And the owner may concider trading it for my guitar, if I only bring it over so he can check it out..

What's your opinion on Ernie Ball Musicman guitars?
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

i like them. the silhouette is my favorite. they are very comfortable and unique.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It seems to me all Musicman signature models are more or less based on the Silhouette's looks. It's my favorite as well

Comment

They're really-really well built, I've got a MM Stingray 4 bass, -nice quality bass guitar.

Comment

I would buy a Luke right now if I could afford it. They (musicman axes) seem to be built well, play well, and though they are somewhat expensive I bet they are worth it.
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

MM are just a matter of taste. Axis are great guitar for that money, but i think all those signature guitars are way overpriced (~1500$).

Comment

My favorite MM guitar after the new Morse Y2D model. I prefer the hardtails though. Had a nice blue silo HSH hardtail last year. Very comfy neck!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

LOVE my Axis!!
                "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

i've owned a Petrucci, played a Luke a bunch, and ripped on a friend's Silhouette Special and can definitely tell you that Balls are Kickass guitars made by an awesome company.

and if you find the right deal, they can be had at great prices.

especially the Silhouettes. my buddy found his for $450 bucks, case and all brand new!

Comment

Hehe I'll still have to see if I trade my guitar for it though.. It's a Zion (traded my Guitar Workshop guitar thingy for it just recently). I haven't got a chance to play the Zion yet cause it's being sent my way as I write this. Part of the reason I was able to make the deal is that the Zion is kind of worn in, it's around 10 years old.. But it's quite an expensive guitar really.. But I'm missing a Floyd real bad haha.. So I'll have to see what I do about it.. Those Zions are hard to come by here!

Comment

I have an Axis and I love it. The trem is a licenced Floyd, but it works perfectly....
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I have a Silhouette. It's an HSH hardtail in a lovely vintage white with maple board.
                        First off, it sounds amazing. It's really clear and bright acoustically, and picked harmonics actually swell and resonate, rather than just decaying away. Plugged in, it just screams! The thing's built like a tank, but doesn't weigh much. Neck's as fast as you like, and the tuning's rock solid.
                        So, it's the perfect guitar, right? Well, no, there's just something about it that just doesn't "click" with me. In all honesty, I think it's the looks. It's a gorgeous colour and a lovely piece of birdseye, but every time I look at it, I can't help myself thinking "If this was Strat-shaped, I'd be happier."

While writing this, I've decided that I'm gonna trade it for a nice Strat...

Comment

Music Man guitars are great! I own two Sub 1's and have played many Silo's, I'm always looking to find a nicely priced Axis.
                          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
                            Music Man guitars are great! I own two Sub 1's and have played many Silo's, I'm always looking to find a nicely priced Axis.
                            ive heard people trash the subs, but i have one and its really a great guitar! you can usually get them for really great prices (i got mine for 450 barely used back when they first came out) and i still play it to this day. it stacks up to all the other guitars i have favorably, and has its own vibe. definitely a great guitar, especially if you cant afford any of hte higher end EBMM's. i had to change the bridge pickup though...the stock was ok, but not hot enough and didnt have enough clarity for me. in went a Duncan Distortion and its made me happy ever since!

My metal band Lucian Scott
                            Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                            Available Now!
                            New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I have a red quilt-top EVH, worth every penny!!!
                              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                              X