No announcement yet.

Musicman guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@soc_monki subs are great bang for the buck, you can pick them up sometimes for $300ish used. People always seem to rag on the textured finish. I tried an EMG81 in mine, sounded terrible though. I'm thinking about a custom custom.
    I forgot I used to have a Sub bass as well, really great sounding bass.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

yea...i saw a few on FleaBay for 300 or so. i got to play mine in a store and it was near mint perfect (the frets werent factory fresh...LOL) very little wear on them though. i didnt want to put EMGs in it, basically because of the picguard. i just wanted to wire something up and be done with it, so a Duncan Distortion went in and its made me happy ever since.

now if it only had a Floyd...LOL
      My metal band Lucian Scott
      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
      Available Now!
      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I've got the older Petrucci model, before they changed to D-Sonic pickups. The neck is on the thin side but still playable, the finish is immaculate, and the I really like the trem (perfect for great vibrato, not as good as a Floyd for dive-bomb type stuff). The pickups (or maybe its the guitar in general) don't really suit my straight into the amp setup. Overall I'd recommend a EBMM guitar to anyone...top quality product.

Comment

Kewl!
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

sub1's are made to the lower end market, they are cheaper so people could spend a average price for a MM

MM are quality guitars, i played the luke, petrucci, axis, sil. and they were all great, not quite my tastes but they are built great.

i think MM excells in basses, though there guitars are up to par

Comment

I love MM guitars! I just got a new EBMM guitar in candy apple red. Its the best guitar I have ever played.

Comment

I had a trans purple Axis that I absolutely loved. However the frets were a tad too tiny for me so I got rid of it. But it had a killer tone that I couldn't get enough of.

I'll have to see if I still have a pic of it somewhere....

Comment

This was my MM collection from about 2 years ago. 5 Axis' and an EVH. I sold them all to buy Charvels! Some of the best guitars I ever owned and I really regret selling a couple of them, but life goes on.

Comment

Damn boy, that's a nice collection! I guess I won't have to ask if you're going to see VH and DLR on tour again!
                    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I will be there fo sho!!

Comment

Working...
                      X