How I hate gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I hate gibson

OK, so you ever just walk into a guitar store, see a guitar, pick it up and say oh my god, this thing looks great, plays great and sounds awesome! Then you think I have to have this, I dont care what I do, sperm bank donations for 6 months (pays 100 per shot www.123donate.com LOL).

Anyway this happened to me yesterday, walked into guitar center, and there is a brand new Gibson Les Paul Studio in white. Picked it up and was floored, tone was great, workmanship was awesome and action with a little set up was great. The strings do not even hit the tail of the bridge with the stop tail angle.

The Neck is suppose to be a 59, but it is slimmer, alot closer to the regular 60's, defintly smaller then the customs, but not too thin, just a step above 60's

Anyway guitar center is selling them on special this month for $999, and since I always go there I always make deals, so I got the guitar for $900 out the door with case. By the way, yes that is white lining in the case, pretty good idea if you ask me.

Click on Thumbnail to enlarge picture. Then in webshots click on view full size

Last edited by siggy14; 01-13-2007, 05:58 PM.

Cool!

Does that have an ebony board?

Comment

Yes, and I believe Gibson has always done ebony on white/offwhite products.

Originally posted by Chad View Post
      Cool!

Does that have an ebony board?

Comment

Even better IMO!

I'd probably ditch the pickguard if it were mine, but it still looks great!

Comment

Damn! Very nice score.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That IS nice
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Toejam i have been meaning to message you, i ended up selling that SG so I just left the EMG85 in it.

Thanks guys, the guitar plays and sounds fantastic, Normally i buy guitars used only, very rarely do i buy one new. But I have had a white studio in the past and it was no where neear as good as this one, this one plays and sounds alot better then alot of the gibsons I have had, and they all sounded good too. This one just has it.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                Toejam i have been meaning to message you, i ended up selling that SG so I just left the EMG85 in it.
                Ah, no big deal. I don't actually have any extra guitars to put any pickups in at the moment... and I've got an 85 and three 81s laying around! LOL
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not a Les Paul fan, but an Ebony board on a white guitar is a pretty cool combo IMO, and that sounds like a killer deal you got.

Comment

Cool, just wanted to let you know so you dont think i sold it to someone else. I wasnt really playing the guitar so i decided to sell it. Now with buying this one i think my 84 V is going next if i can pry it out of my hands.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Ah, no big deal. I don't actually have any extra guitars to put any pickups in at the moment... and I've got an 85 and three 81s laying around! LOL

Comment

I love a white guitar, and normaly the used white studio's go between 700 and 900, so i am happy to get a new one for 900 that i know sounds and plays great

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                      I'm not a Les Paul fan, but an Ebony board on a white guitar is a pretty cool combo IMO, and that sounds like a killer deal you got.

Comment

damn i can't haggle for balls........... they just laugh at me, then they try and dick me while their at it
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Object is to go in and use the same guy everytime, buy stuff from him at close to normal, maybe get a few off, but always make sure to use the same guy. Then after awhile you start haggling more, to you get to the point where I am at where I walk in and say, what is your lowest price, 900 plus tax, no i want it for 900 out the door, and there i go. LOL.

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                          damn i can't haggle for balls........... they just laugh at me, then they try and dick me while their at it

Comment

Most gear places will give you a discount if you ask and are assertive enough. I just never haggle unless I'm seriously ready to buy.

Right way:

I'd like to buy this right now, but I think the price is a little high. Can you work with me on this?

Bad way:

Uh, I uh, wonder if maybe you could possibly uh, take a few bucks off uh, on this uh, guitar here.

I bought my latest PRS thats being shipped right now over the net from a chain - I told the guy that my local store always worked with me, what could they do for me over there? I got a slight discount and they paid shipping, which was cool by me!

Pete

Comment

And dont be rude or too demanding till you get a good relationship with a sales guy, well you shouldnt be rude even after, but you get my point. You have to show him that you are gonna take care of him, that is why i say always do business with him before you start major haggling. This way he knows you are always gonna come to him if he treats you good.

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                              Most gear places will give you a discount if you ask and are assertive enough. I just never haggle unless I'm seriously ready to buy.

Right way:

I'd like to buy this right now, but I think the price is a little high. Can you work with me on this?

Bad way:

Uh, I uh, wonder if maybe you could possibly uh, take a few bucks off uh, on this uh, guitar here.

I bought my latest PRS thats being shipped right now over the net from a chain - I told the guy that my local store always worked with me, what could they do for me over there? I got a slight discount and they paid shipping, which was cool by me!

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X