No announcement yet.

How I hate gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was good at haggling even in my early teens. Just be polite and don't haggle until you are ready to buy...otherwise you are just wasting your time and their's, and when you ARE ready to buy, if shopping at the same store, you may be seen as a flake and not get very far.

When you are ready to buy, do your homework and have in mind what your maximum amount is. Then start the negotiating process. Be prepared to thank them for their time and walk out the door if they don't get close enough to your number. I've had salespeople give in as I walk out the door.

Comment

damn the thing is i trying to buy a gibby explorer and there charging more that everywhere else 1069, i said i want 1049 no tax, because i can get the same deal on MF, he said go get it from them
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Find a different salemans then.

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
        damn the thing is i trying to buy a gibby explorer and there charging more that everywhere else 1069, i said i want 1049 no tax, because i can get the same deal on MF, he said go get it from them

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
          Find a different salemans then.
          +1
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

If you haggle a price...make sure you can do a transaction right there and then.
            I've been in a position where I did a haggle in a pawn shop for a mexi Fender strat w/ a maple neck @150.00 (it wasn't selling due to its metallic purple).. walked out of the store to get the cash as I did not want to write a check.. return the following day.."nope".."you should have bought it then"

ahh yeah, nothing like business.

Comment

That is a nice guitar siggy, I've really liked all of those alpine white Studios as well as the natural Studio Plus guitars that we've been sent at work so far-if i wanted to get another Les Paul type guitar it would definitely be one of those two.

Comment

Thanks, and just something about how this one plays, sounds great.

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                That is a nice guitar siggy, I've really liked all of those alpine white Studios as well as the natural Studio Plus guitars that we've been sent at work so far-if i wanted to get another Les Paul type guitar it would definitely be one of those two.

Comment

So... what exactly do you hate about Gibson??? Am I missing something here.

Comment

That they made such a great guitar that i couldnt refuse. Whoever did this guitar is a good guitar person, i need to find more stuff that this person does.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    So... what exactly do you hate about Gibson??? Am I missing something here.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                      If you worded it exactly like that, I can see why he sent ya packin'.

Comment

that is nice! gotta love that color combo with the ebony board.

yeah Gibson started putting ebony boards on their white finish models of some of their guitars around 2000 I think. my main guitar is the white V w/ the ebony. man does that spruce the thing up! love it.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Congrats, Siggy! That's a sweet LP. I love white w/gold hardware and ebony boards. And thanks for the clarification of the thread title -lol. I was thinking the same as jg.
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                            That they made such a great guitar that i couldnt refuse. Whoever did this guitar is a good guitar person, i need to find more stuff that this person does.
                            Hey Siggy - I had to post to this thread because I picked up an Alpine White Studio a couple of weeks ago - and I gotta tell you that it is by far the best Paul that I've owned. The folks that put this guitar together were having a really good day that day. The fretwork, inlays, paint - everything's perfect. The guitar was really dialed-in when I purchased it and the action is lower than what I can achieve with my Charvel. The 2004 Standard I had pales in comparison to this guitar. The serial begins with 03006xxxx (Finished October 27th, 2006) - was yours made during the same timeframe? Here's a pic -

Comment

Mine is the same way, everything is great, i adjusted the action and got it lower then i can get on alot of my guitars. And it just plays very sweet and has good tone.

I will get the S/N when i get home and let you know.

Originally posted by dpivar View Post
                              Hey Siggy - I had to post to this thread because I picked up an Alpine White Studio a couple of weeks ago - and I gotta tell you that it is by far the best Paul that I've owned. The folks that put this guitar together were having a really good day that day. The fretwork, inlays, paint - everything's perfect. The guitar was really dialed-in when I purchased it and the action is lower than what I can achieve with my Charvel. The 2004 Standard I had pales in comparison to this guitar. The serial begins with 03006xxxx (Finished October 27th, 2006) - was yours made during the same timeframe? Here's a pic -

Comment

03046 is what mine starts with.

Originally posted by dpivar View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X