X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool tailpiece

Comment

Check out the pup in this thing.
      This one is dead, I suspect the winding is damaged or broken inside somewhere.

Need to find something this thin to replace it with, or route the pup cavity a bit deeper.
      A typical single coil is twice as tall as this thing.

-Rick

Comment

Get on ebay and search for "the blackrider"I'll bet he has a set of those pickups.His shop is full of vintage parts and Mitch is a very cool guy.Lots of vintage amps too.I needed a volume knob for my 69 teisco 110 and by god he had one!!
        Supro pickups ain't cheap I'd have that one fixed and keep it as a spare.They have a tone all their own.
        Last edited by straycat; 01-20-2007, 01:45 AM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

maybe open it up and just see if a wire needs to be resoldered....

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
            maybe open it up and just see if a wire needs to be resoldered....
            Here's the problem... when I took the covers off, one of the pups was gone. It was there last time I used it many years ago, so god only knows what happened too it.
            I was able to get the one pup working. The lead had a break in it.
            Sounds like ass really, and since I'm not going for a full on restoration, I may find something more modern to put in there. I'll use the original covers though.
            Still trying to find someone I trust to refret this thing. The current (original) ones are shot.
            -Rick

Comment

Try some Gretsch filtertrons or TV Jones I'll bet they would sound great in that guitar.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

RJ-that is a pretty cool find I was just chuckling, but that is very neat and unusual! Good luck in your restoration!

Nice research guy's
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                X