X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on screw the purists :

(Flat Head from the Fender Custom Shop)

Comment

Just to update I was really knocking the combination of a rounded radius with high frets. That's a bad combo, and that's how most of the Americans are produced these days.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
        Those of you that are looking to buy one, consider buying a MIM over the Americans. I don't know why they are doing the rounded radius with high frets on the Americans. It just promotoes bad tone and fretting out. I've checked out the MIMs, the new ones especially, and they have the low vintage frets (not wide, but the way a Strat should be) and a flatter radius. Try to set the action low on an American and you have a sucky guitar. Not so on the Mexicans. The electronics on the Mexs have been uprgraded recently as well. Not quite to the American standard, but very playable.
        the MIM I'm looking at has medium jumbo frets. I forgot the name in my first post, but it is a Deluxe Player

I forget to mention the noiseless pickups & S1 switching too. It's a cool guitar
        Hail yesterday

Comment

American Strats rule to me.....my brother had a mexican one and it is NOT the same feel. My american standard strat with maple board and 3 tone sunburst was a great guitar,,,,,and last spring, it got way better. I had a local guitar builder put an original Floyd Rose and locking nut into it,,,and upon doing so,,,he adjusted the nut height so that it came back with the lowest, buzz free action I could imagine! So now it stays in tune and plays better too. Win win situation. I just had to have a Floyd in it,,,,and I never thought it would improve the action. I wish I knew how to post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            the MIM I'm looking at has medium jumbo frets. I forgot the name in my first post, but it is a Deluxe Player

I forget to mention the noiseless pickups & S1 switching too. It's a cool guitar
            I have the Deluxe Players Strat in Sunburst and its one hell of an amazing guitar!

Beautiful looking Strats to everyone!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
              American Strats rule to me.....my brother had a mexican one and it is NOT the same feel. My american standard strat with maple board and 3 tone sunburst was a great guitar,,,,,and last spring, it got way better. I had a local guitar builder put an original Floyd Rose and locking nut into it,,,and upon doing so,,,he adjusted the nut height so that it came back with the lowest, buzz free action I could imagine! So now it stays in tune and plays better too. Win win situation. I just had to have a Floyd in it,,,,and I never thought it would improve the action. I wish I knew how to post pics.
              Depends what MIM Strat your talking about! My MIM Deluxe Player is every bit as good as my American Series Strat...and thats the truth!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                +1 on screw the purists :

(Flat Head from the Fender Custom Shop)

Dude!!! I have been so very tempted so many times by a Flat head Strat is not even funny. Tell me more about it!!
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Comment

Nice pics!
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

pjg........AWESOME!!!!

Comment

Played a Custom Shop 60`s Time Machine Fender Strat today and OHHHHHHH BOY........if i only had the money!!!!

Comment

Hardtails

2 Delonges and a Cray...and a Boogie

Comment

Sweet!!! I almost got a Robert Cray Sig. and i still might get one someday...GREAT guitar!!!!

Comment

Strats rule man. I agree. While I love my Jackson , I will own another Strat again. I had a 1970 off white and a 1985 American standard.

Dan

Comment

Some more goodness....

Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                                X