Rik Emmett Dean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nateb View Post
    It's just that headstock..... damn man... their design department needs to do something better thent hat.

-Nate
    I was never all that crazy about that big headstock either, but I've grown to like it through the years. It does seem to work better on the V, too.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
      Selling for 3549.00

I Knew it. Sheese! That's just not worth it for me. Oh well, they do a Korean model almost exactly like it I may look into. Even if I replace all the electronics, it might be worth it.

chuck
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo View Post
        That is the Dean I would buy I think. The classic white V is the nicest looking guitar they ever made IMO. Limited Edition means iwon't be able to afford one, but I will wait and see what it lists at anyhow.

chuck
        $4995, way too much for me! I wonder if they'll do an import run? There was no mention, but that might be nice - IF they'd make it with a Floyd!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I would pony up for a import "custom" Emmett model if it was as well appointed as the Mad Mikey Custom.

chuck
          "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Oh hell yes.
            I must have one.

Comment

Yes that does look sharp!!!
              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I think that's a cool as all hell guitar. I watched alot of Deans web cast from Namm while practicing yesterday and Rik came off as a very funny guy. Michelle asked him if he had anything to say to his fans and his reply was "Why didn't you buy more copies of my last record" There were more good replies there too, but that one stood out to me. Class guy all the way.

Comment

Saw Rik at NAMM this week. He was at the Dean botth with Michael Angelo, the Schenkers and Leslie West signing pics and stuff.

The guitar looks kinda cool, just pricey...and that headstock.......
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I like Rik a lot, and have all the Triumph stuff and a few of his solo records as well. I really like this guitar too, though I think it's odd it's in honor of his Triumph days and he won't even discuss that band other than to say "I won't discuss Triumph". And, you can't play "Stranger in a Strange Land" on it
                    I'd consider one if it weren't limited to 100. I don't have anything like limited edition cash!
                    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Very cool....I saw them back in 1983. Very tight band.
                      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                      X