No announcement yet.

ESP at NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought they already tried launching a Relic-ed Lynch Strat a few years ago?

Comment

I like it more than that weird V he had.
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

The GL-56 is being listed on a certain website for under $1700 street price. That same website has the M1-Tiger at a slightly reduced price too. The rumor of reduced ESP prices might be true?
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Avenged View Post
          i thought they already tried launching a Relic-ed Lynch Strat a few years ago?
          They did do a relic Lynch Strat some years back. I wonder why they're doing another one. Pretty lame.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
            The KH20 has a MSRP of 10K.
            That's a shame because I thought that was the best looking ESP of the whole bunch. Thsoe skull inlays would convince me to get inlays like that. And I don't like skull inlays at all.

I also dug the "bomber" inlays on the Lynch model. Very nice touch. Just ditch the "hockey stick" headstock and do a reverse MII headstock and I'm in.

The "Alice" graphic on one of the CS models also looked neat.

What is the story behind the relic? An old studio guitar of Lynch's?

I also agree that ESP really has its finger on the pulse of the players. Yes they do have a lot of sig models, but if they sell so what? I know I've always had a list of players I'd love to see get a sig model. If ESP wants to work on their own list that's fine with me. The only thing I worry about is that ESP might become too "trendy" following these new artists and music styles. But at least they have stayed true to their long time endorsers (Lynch, Hammett etc.) which is rare in today's business. Especially considering (Lynch I'm looking at you and Hammett you're not too far behind) it has been a long time since any significant musical releases have come our way.

Even if I don't know who half their endorsees are!! Must be a sign of age I figure.....
            Last edited by Bryan; 01-22-2007, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
              I never thought they´d bring back the GL56, but for some reason it looks better this time around.

At least its alder this time around....... (It was basswood before)
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                The last few Jackson/Charvels I have gotten have all had QC problems from minor things like knobs being loose to paint problems to guitars not even wired up right. The last few ESPs I have gotten have all been perfect.
                Are you comparing Japanese ESPs to USA Jacksons? Because otherwise, QC on Japanese Jacksons is spotty, but QC on LTDs is uniformly crappy, in my experience. Never had one yet that had a decent fret job or resonant woods.

Comment

I like the 20th Lynch but the inlays and case are all wrong. It's an odd hodgepodge of stuff. The bombs and plane bother me, Kamikaze were not known for dropping bombs(obviously) and the inlaid plane is an american bomber B17/29 type instead of a Zero. The images on the case look like B17's not Zero's. For that matter the bombs on the graphic are out of place too

I think he was comparing real ESP to real Jackson not the lesser lines. In my experience LTD's are totally hit and miss. Made in Korea and "inspected" and setup in the USA... right...
                  I have a CS Warrior and a Kamikaze 1 they're both freakin awesome.
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                  X