First Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Guitar

This could be interesting. Please post your first guitar, the year you bought it and who inspired you to buy it! I don't expect too many pics but I'm interested in learning more about the folks here!

Antares Flying V, 1982, bought a V because of Randy Rhoads and KK Downing!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

mine was a cheap alvarez, white body, bought it cause i thought it looked cool.
    later on, when i knew more about guitars, i took it apart to find that the body is plywood.
    however, that guitar sounded great thru a dod american metal pedal thru a "toneblaster" amp.
    no clue who made the "toneblaster" cause it sucked with every other guitar thats plugged in but those 3 together sounded great.

Comment

Yamaha 120SD, 1997, bought because it had humbuckers and I could afford it. In it's defense though, it was a very well built guitar. Kind of a Tele sound with humbuckers... found a picture here http://www.deremate.cl/accdb/viewItem.asp?IDI=12160681

Mine was black.

found another pic in black: http://www.sound-live.com/shop/index...d&productId=82
      Scott

Comment

No one inspired you guys to buy a guitar?
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Ibanez Roadstar II in 1983. Red sparkle with a Kahler.

Nope, I couldn't afford to be "inspired."

Comment

My first was a red BC Rich Bich copy. It was a short scale with a wraparound bridge. It had one cream Dimarzio SD and one volume. I was about 10 so that would've been in 1982. When I moved after high school, my Mom let some neighborhood kids borrow it for a lip-sync deal in a local talent show and I never saw it again. No pics available and I have never see one like it since.

As far as my earliest inspiration, I'd have to go with Ace, and then probably Mick Mars.
            Last edited by circle of the tyrants; 01-26-2007, 11:12 AM.

Comment

My first new guitar was a 1977 Ibanez, set neck, Les Paul Custom copy! Quite possibly the best guitar I've ever owned. On the other hand, that was a long time ago, so who knows how memory serves.

My heroes at the time were Steve Howe, Tom Scholz, Howard Leese, David Gilmour, Kerry Livgren.

The most inspirational player of my entire life, and quite possibly the single most motivating factor for my involvement in music at all, is Steve Howe! I can hear the younger crowd now; "Who the hell is Steve Howe"? :ROTF:

Comment

2006 Squier Affinity Strat. It was awful in every sense of the word. As for being inspired, I bought the Strat pack as it was cheap . though Eddie Van Halen, Ross Childress, and Randy Rhoads did inspire me to pick up guitar.

Comment

Squier Stratocaster

I still love it, it feels and sounds great. I started to play because of Metallica.
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

First guitar I bought with my own money (not my parents) was a brand new Gibson Les Paul Custom, Tobacco sunburst. Jimmy Page was the rage.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Epi LP Special II in 1996. I figured LPs were "classy" not knowing I had bought a POS. haha. Initial inspirations - Dave Mustaine, Joe Perry, James Hetfield.
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

65 Fender mustang.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My first guitar was an s bodied Ibanez around 1990...the I got a Koa Carvin dc 135....wish i still had the carvin...as far as influences Joe Perry, SRV and EVH, Vito Bratta, Warren Demartini, ...the list still goes on

Comment

My first one was my dad`s old Washburn T-Bird Vibrato (Made In USA 1983)
                            The first that I bought was this year, it is a RR...
                            Of course because Randy Rhoads(Rest In Peace)...
                            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

My first one was a Peavey Horizon II. Bought in 1985, because Ace was my God. Why I got it instead of the Kramers they store also sold? Because it had 2 hums and a single, three's better than one.

Here is that same guitar, the last one on the right. I never get rid of gear.

J.

Comment

Working...
                              X