No announcement yet.

First Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970 Fender Stratocaster. My Grandparents got it for me on my ninth birthday. They purchased it used from a friend of the family along with a fender champ amp. this was 1979. Wish I still had it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
      Mine was out of the Sears X-mas catalog for 100 bucks lets just say I don't miss it at all! LoL
      My first was also a Sears no-name classical, It came complete with pick, pitch-pipe and the "E-Z" guitar song book all for $29.99. This was circa 1975.

Influences at the time were Ace Frehley and Peter Frampton.

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
        Yep three bolts all right. Wanna sell for parts?
        I'd just give it to you but the art work came out well and it adorns the wall of my practice room. I don't think I could even do that kind of work anymore.

Comment

My first was a Westone spectrum, bright red with matching bright red fretboard, it had massive black plastic controls and a trem that would liftout the posts if you pulled on it too hard...it also seemed that if you looked at it wrong a new ding would appear on it somewhere (I swear it was made of Balsa!).
          If I'm trying to be cool Dave Mustaine and James Hetfield inspired me to play , but in reality it was really Bruce Kullicks guitar solos on Crazy Nights!! (that and being 15!)

Comment

Long gone. It was a Harmony Strat copy in about 1978-80 some where. Peice of fucking firewood trash man Next was a much better Vantage Explorer(made in Japan), wish I still had that one Jack.

Comment

1989. Hondo plywood strat clone - black w. white pickguard. As for who inspired it...I dunno. Maybe Dave Murray.

Comment

My first axe

Still have it. Still play it. It's terrible.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

1986 0r 87 (can't remember for sure when I got it) BC Rich Rave II Warlock. It's plywood but, it sounded decent enough. Still have it, but I haven't played it in a loooooong time. Maybe I'll string it up if I get a chance for old times sake. As for who inspired me to start playing, there were many influences, but the REAL REASON? It was the GIRLS!!!!.............

Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

This thread is real interesting, thanks for sharing!
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Here's a pic of my first guitar.

It's an Ovation Celebrity electric guitar. I bought it at a LMS far $150, which was all the money I had at the time. I know now that the guy felt sorry for me and cut me a sweet deal on it so I could get it. The Gorilla was a pawn shop amp that I don't remember how much it cost. It was a decent guitar and (most importantly at the time) it had a tremolo and shark fin inlays! I thought I was big stuff.

I was inspired to play guitar by the first solo of "Comfortably Numb" by David Gilmour.

I really wanted a Strat but the only one I could have afforded was an import Strat. My mom told me at the time that if I wanted a Strat, I shouldn't waste my money on the import and just save up and buy and American Strat when I could afford one. So I did. I got a job that winter and saved form November to April of '89 so I could buy the American Strat that luckily had stayed in the store the whole time.

That's my '88 Am Stand Strat on the left that I still have and treasure to this day.

Comment

A Hondo Strat copy (black w/ white pickguard, rosewood board), bought it from a neighbor in like 1986. I was inspired to play mainly from EVH.
                        I sold the guitar later that same year when I picked out a blue Kramer 600ST that my parents bought me for Christmas.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My first guitar was an Epiphone acoustic purchased by my parents back in 1971. I later sold that guitar to a cat that played in Mickey Gilley's band. As for inspiration, I'd have to say George Harrison, Chet Atkins, Glen Campbell, Jerry Reed, and James Burton.
                          "POOP"

Comment

1985 Aria Pro II RS Classic. I didn't know shit about guitars (what the hell is tuning? You push on the frets...why?). Didn't know that 6K single coils aren't where it's at for making heavy metal. But it was a pretty guitar, nice pearl white with gold hardware.

Bought this with a Gorilla GC-35 "Tube Crunch". I used my UCI Student grant money to pay for it Who needs college anyway?

I still have this guitar, but no where near the shape it was originally. Instead of 3 single coils, it's now a single hum. It now sports a Lynch Tiger stripe paint job. Instead of the original V-Trem, it have a Kahler Killer 2700 Series. And I also sunk/angled in the neck pocket so that the heal is not so thick.

I play it frequently, and love the tone (Screamin Demon pickup).

Comment

MY first was a Harmony Les Paul copy, cause my parents wanted to make sure that I REALLY wanted to play (I actually teaked the shit out of that thing where it played great!). When they realized that it wasn't just going to go away (must've been all the trips to my room, yelling "Turn that thing off already!"), they sprung for a black Charvel Model 4, for graduation.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

My first is an Epiphone FT140 dreadnaught acoustic. I still have it too. Its my only acoustic and its a great sounding guitar. My parents bought me that one. the first one i bought myself was a Global Les Paul copy in cherry burst. I put new pups and electronics in it. It wasnt too bad for a bolt on. But there was a gap in the neck joint i could slide a medium pick into. lol
                                Gil

Comment

Working...
                                X