First Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1st I got was a Little Squier Strat it's a 1996. I think I got it
    like in 1999 or 2000 not really sure the 2nd was a Epiphone Standard Les Paul still got them both the guitar I got with my money was a Washbern hollow body not the best but I like playing it and now I'm getting another guitar it's a Fender Stratocaster and it's still in the makeing.
    know one really made me play I just wonted too.
    Last edited by Coyote; 01-31-2007, 08:56 AM.

Comment

My first guitar was an Abilene ALS-100T(I think that's the model number). I still have it, but it's in pieces at the moment.

Comment

To correct myself, my first guitar was actually a First Act acoustic. mom didnt think I would follow through and bought one. But I wanted an electric damnit. That and it was unplayable. Two years later I got my wish and got my Squier I mentioned in my first post in this thread.

Comment

Gibson Les Paul Standard '03, after seeing Dave Murray and Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden.
          Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
          Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
          Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
            Gibson Les Paul Standard '03, after seeing Dave Murray and Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden.
            lucky guy. I waited 30 years to get good enough to possibly justify owning a LPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
              ????

Maiden is my absolte favorite band, but seeing them makes me yearn for a Floyded black strat with dual Super-D's and a maple neck LOL!

But my LP Classic Premium Plus nails their tone the best, so maybe you have something there.

Comment

My first guitar was a 1978 Fender Strat. My dad bought it for me for my birthday, and I hated it at first. Everybody at the time had cool Ibanez and Jackson guitars, and there I was stuck with single coil pickups and a standard trem. The pickups hummed like mad, and the trem worked great, as long as you didn't use it. I love it to death now. The neck is really nice, even covered in a ton of lacquer.

Comment

my first guitar was a jacky jackson strat i loved it at the time but now i realise it was a complete POS. ive stripped it down and put new pickups and a warmoth neck and its beautiful!
                  Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                  Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

1965 Fender Duo Sonic. My Mom bought it because she couldn't afford a Strat.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

a Series 10 something-or-rather. single hum superstrat shape with a vintage trem. my stepfather had a Kramer Baretta with a gnarly crack at the headstock, so he traded it in to get it for me.

Comment

my first was a Nevada starter pack.
                        it was a costco buy .. 150 for the package.
                        wasnt much a great guitar, but o well ... i latched on to it and developed.

i wanted drums for christmas 7 years ago. and my mom didnt want me to make such louyd noise ... so in stead of drums she got me a guitar for xmas.

Comment

'79 LPC. Bought it in 1979 used from the original owner, who became one of my best friends. $400 I think, and I still own it.

Comment

My first guitar was a SX strat copy. Black with 3 single coils. I got it because it was about all I could afford and I knew absolutely nothing about guitars. No one inspired me really as I was just starting to get into music at that time.
                            I still have it and I would like to get new strings and clean it up. It's not that bad a guitar for the money and it took some abuse. I have gigged it a few times but never more than a few songs. At the moment I think there is a set of 13s on it and its tuned to C.

Comment

Originally posted by mulder1966 View Post
                              '79 LPC. Bought it in 1979 used from the original owner, who became one of my best friends. $400 I think, and I still own it.
                              Killer guitar!!!

Comment

My first guitar was a 1968 Univox Custom.... Looked like a 335 knock off with one of those vibrato bars.... Still have it....

Comment

Working...
                                X