First Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthernXer View Post
    My first guitar was a 1968 Univox Custom.... Looked like a 335 knock off with one of those vibrato bars.... Still have it....
    Bigsby?

I'd like to see a pic or two of that one.

Comment

Mid 80's Kramer Striker 100 that I worked a shit job during the summer for back before highschool. But, really, the first guitar was a no name acoustic that died a horrific death.
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Yamaha acoustic (still have it 35+ yrs old, been thur the wringer but still sounds good) i think I got it when I was 10 at which point it was probably already 20 yrs old.........
        First electric.......US made Peavey Predator (still got it too after 10+ yrs), or was it that piece of shite Univox I kept for about a month......can't recall......
        First axe I bought for myself....Jackson JS30RR........
        Inspiration...........Mustaine, Dime, Andreas Kisser & Max Cavalera (Arise is the best album EVER!!!!!) and Metallicunts (pre-Load of course)
        I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

My first guitar was, believe it or not, a piece of scrap 3/4 size Strat copy in sunburst red wiiiiith....

NO electronics! Just a routed out body with no pickguard or anything... I played it for about three months and learned the basic chord and scale structures. My granddad found it in the trash and gave it to me when I was 15 (thoughtful, eh?) and I strung it up with some cheap strings and played and played...

About three months later I got a trans blue flame maple topped Floyd Rose'd Seymour Duncan'd Japanese Vester guitar, which until this day is part of my collection, and still defines my idea of a really good guitar.
          - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Working...
          X